Future DraStic Android port: help needed

I need to wait until I can get a ride up to the nearest Wallyworld to buy a Google Play gift card. Hope you guys have fun while I'm twidling my thumbs.

I need to wait until I can get a ride up to the nearest Wallyworld to buy a Google Play gift card. Hope you guys have fun while I'm twidling my thumbs.
kzJw7aH.gif

Hey Exo,

Any chance you can update this to allow us to put the BIOS files in any directory of our choosing? This isn't a request because I want my files where I want them, it's because I simply can't run it at all right now. The reason for this is fairly simple: ever since I rooted my phone (a while ago) the permissions for and access to certain directories on my phone are somewhat quirky. To be blunt - I simply can't add files to my "Downloads" folder directly on my phone's internal memory. And if I try to download the files from my phone directly, it saves them in the Downloads folder on my external sd card. As a result, since I can't customize the BIOS locations, I can't start DraStic. Any chance this can be done?

congrats on your release exophase and lordus, you deserve all the rewards it brings you guys. Fantastic job.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dsemu.drastic
Also thanks to our testers.

And to everyone who gets it: Thanks, I hope your expectations are fulfilled, and you'll have some fun with it.

We'll keep updating and improving it, and there are already a few new features, that didn't make it into the first release.

Hey Exo,

Any chance you can update this to allow us to put the BIOS files in any directory of our choosing? This isn't a request because I want my files where I want them, it's because I simply can't run it at all right now. The reason for this is fairly simple: ever since I rooted my phone (a while ago) the permissions for and access to certain directories on my phone are somewhat quirky. To be blunt - I simply can't add files to my "Downloads" folder directly on my phone's internal memory. And if I try to download the files from my phone directly, it saves them in the Downloads folder on my external sd card. As a result, since I can't customize the BIOS locations, I can't start DraStic. Any chance this can be done?
You should have gotten a popup that tells you what to do in that case.

You can copy them manually to sdcard/Android/data/com.dsemu.drastic/files/system/

You're great. I'm waiting the availability in my store(the italian one) and I'll buy it immediately

hahahahahahaha made em release it faster rjjxfjvcdgjvxfhnccghbcxfhvvdfgvxfhhvddhncfh

you all should be thankin me for speeding up the process lol time to buy it then pirate hahahaaaaa evil laugh

Hey Exo,

You can copy them manually to sdcard/Android/data/com.dsemu.drastic/files/system/
Thanks so much for all your hard work Lordus! I'm really excited for this!

FYI, I never received that pop-up you mentioned. Instead, when I click install, I get the following:

"The BIOS files could not be found in the 'Download' directory.

Please make sure, you have the correct files located in your 'Download' directory and restart DraStic to re-try the installation."

As far as manually placing the files on the sdcard in the data folder, I've done so but I still get the same exact error as above ^ when I start DraStic and select 'Install'.

Hey Exo,

FYI, I never received that pop-up you mentioned. Instead, when I click install, I get the following:

Please make sure, you have the correct files located in your 'Download' directory and restart DraStic to re-try the installation."

As far as manually placing the files on the sdcard in the data folder, I've done so but I still get the same exact error as above ^ when I start DraStic and select 'Install'.
The thing with 'install' and 'cancel' was the popup you were supposed to get. LOL

Hey Exo,

Ok, yes you will only get it, if there is an error, but in your case the files are just not found.

If you place them manually, they need to be named correctly:

nds_bios_arm7.bin

nds_bios_arm9.bin

nds_firmware.bin

You can also place the files in the root of your internal or external SDCard directly, for the installation to find them. Don't need to be in the Download directory.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back