Future DraStic Android port: help needed

Emulating DS wifi is definitely plausible, and it doesn't have the same practical issues emulating GBA serial connections over the internet does. But the wifi chip is very complex, so it's a tremendous amount of work and just not something that can be focused on right now. I also don't think it'd be hard for Nintendo to block the emulator if they saw it on servers.

Emulating DS wifi is definitely plausible, and it doesn't have the same practical issues emulating GBA serial connections over the internet does. But the wifi chip is very complex, so it's a tremendous amount of work and just not something that can be focused on right now. I also don't think it'd be hard for Nintendo to block the emulator if they saw it on servers.
And there will be troubles like quick save/load when linking which may causes crashes. ;)hahaha 

It doesn't need to work online.Just some kind of local conection between all sorts of android devices.If it is too complicated i dont mind having an earlier release and add more features on the way...

@Exophase, i noticed that in your video, on Dragon Quest IX there is no outline on the characters, do you think it will be fixable in the future?

@Exophase, i noticed that in your video, on Dragon Quest IX there is no outline on the characters, do you think it will be fixable in the future?
Yeah I don't emulate edge marking yet so it's missing in games, will do it later.

@Exophase, Hi!! 

I new in this page :D , I form Chile and like you Emulator DraStic,

I have a Xperia Play and  I have 2 question...

is for all android version?, for example from 2.1 to 4.2 Android version...

please tell me, running amazing in Xperia Play cool

and too...

When going out this app in Play Store?, I have the $8 ready, ready, ready!!!, hahahaha.... please tell me, in this month, o next month :3

sorry for my english 

I wait the emulator in play store :D

thanks bye :3

Last edited by a moderator:
@Exophase, Hi!! 

I new in this page :D , I form Chile and like you Emulator DraStic,

I have a Xperia Play and  I have 2 question...

is for all android version?, for example from 2.1 to 4.2 Android version...

please tell me, running amazing in Xperia Play cool

and too...

When going out this app in Play Store?, I have the $8 ready, ready, ready!!!, hahahaha.... please tell me, in this month, o next month :3

sorry for my english 

I wait the emulator in play store :D

thanks bye :3
He said a few weeks ago it would take a few weeks, so one or two weeks more maybe.

Exo, will the emulator  work on mediatek devices? Like MTK6589? Its a quad core, it should run quite well, but im not sure about neon, dont know if that chipset supports it,

I hope so, its my only phone and i want to play ds on it so bad, even got me a moga controller for it.

I remember that Lordus has said something about moga but I can't remind what it is...

Exophase/Lordus (whoever this is most relevant to) in the video ANDROID made of the closed beta I saw an option pertaining to scaling filters. Is that functional or something you were planning on incorporating later on, post release and just have in the options as a sort of placeholder? You said you weren't planning on it earlier in the thread, although I might be thinking about something different than what it actually is.

The scalers and filters work, I just didnt demo them, only described the output. Ill get it in one of the videos coming this week. I had some requests and will do a separate video per device and ill have the nvidia shield this weekend so Ill demo that as well.

Sorry I didn't get to it this weekend but I was helping Justin from gcw flash the kickstarter devices he just got from china (got 500 of the 1700 he has done)

How much do the scalers and filters affect performance? I'd be using it on a Nexus 7, so your Note 2 would be the most comparable.

Linear is un-noticeable, scale2x does hit the performance a bit. I dont like how it makes games look anyway so just another reason for me to not use that filter.

Switching the scaling around from single full screen to dual screen and the other render modes dont make too much of a difference.

cant wait

super duper trooper excited lol

what about lg motion 4g will it be supported dual-core 1.2mhz?

Back