Fuse Help

DrDerekDoctors

Still Fresh
Well, they said no question was too stupid but I'm gonna' put that to the test somewhat.

I have got my Pandora (YAY!!! :) :) :) ) however I've not yet managed to get Fuse to run (if I do it in MiniMenu, MiniMenu just restarts and in XCFE it just ignores me trying to start it) so does it have any dependencies I'm not aware of?

PS. Fuse's PND is in pandora/apps/ btw.

Ta'

Graham

SteveM said:
IIt should Just Work[sup]TM[/sup]. Have a look in /tmp/pndrun<fuse-something-or-other> to see what's going wrong.

Ta'- It borks out having failed to load libsharedaudio. Any help?

Last edited by a moderator:
NickLoTurco said:
Can it run games in zip format or do you need to unpack the images?
No idea. How about trying it zipped and, if that doesn't work, unpacking it?

SteveM said:
DrDerekDoctors said:
Ta'- It borks out having failed to load libsharedaudio. Any help?
Strange. Have you installed all the OS updates?

I tried but it said it was already updated so i assume hotfix 1 was installed at source.

Odd, because this library is part of the base OS. Do you have a file by that name in /usr/lib? It should be a symlink to the actual library.

I do not, no. I'm beginning to think I should maybe reflash my console? There's a few things which don't wanna' open.

Poop, it didn't. Reflashed, applied hotfix and I still don't have libaudiofile in usr/lib/ - how odd.

This is really strange, then. I just did a reflash yesterday and it works for me fine. I suppose the library could feasibly be part of the codec pack - did you install that too? If that doesn't help, what's the output of "ls /usr/lib | wc -l"?

DrDerekDoctors said:
Sorry, i was typing that from memory, it was libaudiofile.so.0

DrDerekDoctors said:
Ah, you're right! It's in the codec pack, which I installed incorrectly last time - cheers! :)

hum, libaudiofile shouldn't be part of the codec pack (as it's a core library that don't do copyrighted things...).
Would-you mind opening a bug for this (so the dev will fix that)

Line O said:
So this is where you come back now and tell us (nay, show us!) that Fuse is working and all is well within this very specific part of the world. :)

All is well with the world, I've played a little bit of Cybernoid 2. Obviously the sound is a little hinky in 128K at the moment (or I might have borked it somehow) but it's very cool. :)

Excellent.

Of course I'm too much of a C64 snob to really care about any Spectrum emulator ("My C64 emulator is better than you Spectrum emulator!"), but I understand why having a Spectrum emulator working swimmingly is very important. :)

Back