[SOLVED] Minimenu Endless Loading Cycle

xopher

I've aquired a good amount of PND files. I can not load Minimenu with my SD card in. I have the majority of my apps in folder. Is there a limit to the number of PND files Minimenu can handle?

My pandora folder structure with totals goes a little something like this

apps: 3 items
desktop: 0 items
menu: 67 items *cough*

I'm guessing I have too many PND in menu. If there is a sky what is it's limit? :)

Alerino said:
i had that problem too, a reflash solved it tho

edit: :eek: , no, it's not solved

What is your order numberrrrrr....rather PND count?

Last edited by a moderator:
There's no limit number, but I had that with one specific PND file... forgot which one it was though :/

Alerino said:
desktop: 18
menu: 26

in an 8gb fat32 card

tricky, isn't it?
Those numbers line up to prove Elvis is alive, and the Illuminati are running hostels across the world with brothels in the basement.

@ED Thanks, when I have time I'll attempt some process of elimination to get it sorted.

EDIT: worse grammar than is currently there

EDIT AGAIN: Ok, Trying by process of elimination I:

split the number of PNDs in half: OK
Split the remaining number in half: OK
....... : Still OK

I began putting the PNDs back into the menu folder at 1/2 quantity. Each time it loaded fine after.

I rebooted and it loads flawlessly.

Maybe place a [SOLVED] in the title if Alerino can duplicate the resolution?

Alerino said:
my little devil is......... VLC

moved to root folder, fixed!

What happens if you move it back? Give it a shot?

EDIT: This also fixed the Minimenu issue loading on both booting from NAND and my SD1 setups. The issue occurred booting either way until now.

Sounds like an SD Card/mounting issue maybe? Dunno if [solved] is appropriate. It's a workaround to move the PNDs, sure, but could actually be related to a bug. It might be a good idea to submit it to the bugtracker, imo. Ok, I'll add a solved for now.

Alerino said:
i removed VLC repo version from NAND, moved the pnd to the menu folder, now it works
Solved?

Seems that shuffling their location around in the filesystem does it. I'd say solved if someone else can confirm the same, but question is why. :)

Thanks Mali.

Back