Release FreeSpace 2

Fantastic release!!! For me it runs very smooth on pandora 1GHz! No problems so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
About nub support, after playing with nub as joystick and nub as mouse, I think I will keep nub as mouse. Main argument for that is that touchscreen doesn't work well for menu (there are a lot of "WarpMouse", so there is almost immediatly a large offset between touch and cursor).

For now, I have:

Force right nub for mouse and left nub for buttons (FPS configuration).

All buttons configuration as cube48 describe.

Mousitivty to the max by default

Fly with mouse by default

I'm playing a bit with that a bit more and will release PNDs soon, starting with Freespace 1, and Freespace 2 folowing shortly (and with corrected Red/Blue textures). I'll bump version to 1.0.0 release also (but still haven't found a way to avoid the mouse trail on some menus).

I've never played either of these games, do the Pandora Ports also work with an external mouse?

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2

New build on the repo, with corrected texture colors and better default controls (thanks to cube48 for his layout).

Build 02

----------

• Corrected texture Red/Blue that was inversed before
  • Default setting adapted to the Pandora
  • Force left nub as mouse buttons, right nub as mouse.

I've never played either of these games, do the Pandora Ports also work with an external mouse?

Yes they are.
Cool, might have to invest on GOG then, and try find space on a memory card!

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2

I cannot seem to get passed the tutorial. I get within the 125m range then I am instructed to press $A$ ???

This is where I am stuck. Seems like a bulwark here :wacko:

Any advice for I have never played this gem before and I really want to.

Last edited:
Argh. I think I have messed up something with the controls. I thought I had this fixed, but it seem not. The problem is releated to keymapping of Engine Power Up / Down, and the +/- 5% power up keys. I have to check that again :(

I tried to get Diaspora to run with it but it ever fail on the sounds.tbl.
Babylon Project would be very cool too :)

Hum, I have a problem here. Tutorial mission doesn't work with custom keys when they have been automaticaly setup.

I have to find a way to automatically setup keys and still having the tutorial works...

Hum, I have a problem here. Tutorial mission doesn't work with custom keys when they have been automaticaly setup.

I have to find a way to automatically setup keys and still having the tutorial works...
I hope you can.

I found a way.

So you still have Pandora custom Control, and you can complete tutorial :)

(but if you press default in option screen, you will fall back to real default control, not Pandora default)

Build 03

----------

• Corrected a bug with key label
  • Corrected a bug with Custom Pandora control that prevented tutorial to be completed.

thx again from me too ^_^

But i did not found my Freespace 2 CDs :unsure:

Maybe i buy them new :rolleyes:

I found a way.

So you still have Pandora custom Control, and you can complete tutorial :)

(but if you press default in option screen, you will fall back to real default control, not Pandora default)

Build 03

----------

• Corrected a bug with key label
  • Corrected a bug with Custom Pandora control that prevented tutorial to be completed.
works fine now. i completed training 1. On 2 now.

thank you sir.

Last edited:
Have a nice play. FreeSpace 2 is a really good game :) With a nice scenario, good graphics and sound ambiance, and intense action.

Back