free PC games (steam)

FREE STUFF (for limited time)

I did notice that for some reason this title has many negative reviews, even from the non-paying customers.
tgv.png

It's a drug of a game, 3 DLCs are free too, and the missing 2 are on SALE for like 4 € in total.
It's a tower defense in a VERY simple rogue-like style, it is "turn based" in a sense that every time you open a door to a new room it's a "turn", and things happens, but actually it's always in "real-time"... so you can manage and place your stuff with your own peace, and when you are ready you can just open the next door and let the hell broke loose.
You don't use directly your two characters, you just tell them in what room to go, and maybe manage the little inventory... the cool thing is that every character is unique and every couple can play in a different way.
It's easy to die, but it's also fast and fun to replay and advance more than before.

It's a drug of a game, 3 DLCs are free too, and the missing 2 are on SALE for like 4 € in total.
It's a tower defense in a VERY simple rogue-like style, it is "turn based" in a sense that every time you open a door to a new room it's a "turn", and things happens, but actually it's always in "real-time"... so you can manage and place your stuff with your own peace, and when you are ready you can just open the next door and let the hell broke loose.
You don't use directly your two characters, you just tell them in what room to go, and maybe manage the little inventory... the cool thing is that every character is unique and every couple can play in a different way.
It's easy to die, but it's also fast and fun to replay and advance more than before.
Not free for me, or anymore.

By the way... my Steam Client will stop working in 33 days (there's a countdown on the top...) ... so I will not anymore be able to play my Steam games, that always worked on this PC, unless I install Windows 10 (that I never needed before...).

This will be the third client not anymore working for now... (Indiegala, Ubisoft Connect)

The cause is actually Google...
Most of the game store clients today are made with technologies like "Electron", that can make applications deeply connected to the web/cloud... these technologies are mostly based on Chromium, that has no more support for older Windows OSes.

So, in just one hit every game client will stop working on my PC.

Luckily, at least most of the GOG games don't require clients to run...

By the way... my Steam Client will stop working in 33 days (there's a countdown on the top...) ... so I will not anymore be able to play my Steam games, that always worked on this PC, unless I install Windows 10 (that I never needed before...).
Are you running Win7 or 8, I think you can set it to 'offline' mode and still play your installed games.
I was under the impression Linux wasn't impacted, so if you have an older system running Win7 you might be able to run Linux (dual-boot will cost ~32GB of disk space I think) and continue using Steam that way.

8.1, I enjoyed for seven years a stable system, highly customized, that was receiving only hotfixes...

Except for few games that needs DX12 to work, I mostly use the clients just to add free games, that I still don't have time to play, since some stores forces you to use the clients for that... so I made a Win 10 Virtual Machine, and installed there Ubisoft Connect... it works... so, I can move there all the things that die on the main machine... waiting for a full OS change when I'll find the will.

Win 10 is bad... I will need at least a year to make it useable... on the installation it required a microsoft account, telling that you were able to transform it in a local user... then asked like three times if I wanted to use the cloud, install one drive, and again use one drive to make backups, and I opted for everything disabled... at the first start, my user was connected on the cloud with one drive installed and synched... so I uninstalled it, and then converted my user to a local one... BUT my account was already linked to every possible service in the machine... I stopped fiddling just because I will use that VM in a limited way. but when I'll use that as my main OS I'll have nightmares thinking about all the work I'll have to do... disabling all the integrated internet searches, cortana stuffs, forced default applications, etc... ect...

Win 10 is bad... I will need at least a year to make it useable...
Each new Windows version they introduce something annoying, so Win10 is still nicer compared to Win11. Win11 probably does some new things and is better, but still.
SteamDeck runs Linux to and it runs a lot of games just fine.

Back