Fpse For Gp32!

he he
i just talked with gregor ( mashmods )
and he says that the pad mod will be gaurnteed and the psx should work
one could play psx on the snes pad i think...
anyone found this file yet?

~Octavious

there are many small games which could work on the gp32...
but it would be a bit slow...
i think you can rip most 2d games down under 128 mb if you remove unneeded files like movies, music...
i have:
15MB Tony Hawk.. not the final
10mb GTA
2Mb Bubble Bobble
96MB Castrol Honda Superbike
10Mb Ridge Racer Evolution
5MB side by side (3d racing game)
104MB Metal Slug X :D (hehe near the end)
only to list some of them.. the game wont be the problem.

good games..perhaps only in my opinion...
but i would like to play Tony Hawk and GTA on my gp32 o_O
also those othergames arent bad to.. just not long..
but still fun

Sonic-NKT posted on Mar 9 2004 at 04:39 PM said:
but still fun
You could play the GBC versions...but theyain't that good:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sonic-NKT posted on Mar 9 2004 at 04:39 PM said:
but still fun
Im not a racing game fan, an even if I was the GBA and SNES have plenty.

I like TonyHawk but without the punk music in the background (something you would have to rip to put on GP), it isnt very fun to play. Without music to set the mood, most of the games that are fun normally, become boring and repetative.

Sure there may be a couple games that fit, are fun, and have media, but is a PSX emulator really worth a couple games?

I mean, for novelty it would be nice, to say "hey we have psx on our handheld" but for practicality, its not really usefull.

ye but the author says that he developes the GP32 version, cause he doesnt have another Arm device and uses this one for developing..
so why shouldnt he release this version. if it exist.. and perhaps also usable.

Akuma no Houkon posted on Mar 9 2004 at 02:00 PM said:
Even if they got PSX upto 60 FPS on the GP32, seriously people how many good games are there for PSX under 128 MB? Honestly I cant think of any.

And Gametrac would be awesome if it wasnt for the tiny screen and stupid trigger buttons. I purchased Gp32 because of the larger screen, and didnt choose zodiac because of the stupid button layout. GP has the best of all of those worlds, a standard size screen (standard for most any console system), nice button layout, etc..., now if only they would make a faster CPU version with 2 more buttons...
quite a few stripped PS1 games come out at under <128 (once you get rid of CD audio/FMV) The original ridge racer for example fits in one disc load.
The gametrac would be perfect if it wasn't for the stupid screen.

I've talk a long time ago with Ldchen about his work on FPSE.

I don't think a 60 FPS PSX emu is possible on gp32 but a playable one will allready bee an MARVELOUS WORK :;

the gp64 :)
with a 400Mhz Strong Arm
little Ati accelerator...
64MB Ram and SD cards... o_O
*just dreaming*

EDIT:
I don't think a 60 FPS PSX emu is possible on gp32 but a playable one will allready bee an MARVELOUS WORK :;
ThunderZ, you are a developer for the gp32.. do you think playable speed could be possible with the emu..
i didnt used it, but i heard that it runs on a 486 with good graphics...

Sonic-NKT posted on Mar 9 2004 at 05:34 PM said:
the gp64 :)
with a 400Mhz Strong Arm
little Ati accelerator...
64MB Ram and SD cards... o_O
*just dreaming*

EDIT:
ThunderZ, you are a developer for the gp32.. do you think playable speed could be possible with the emu..
i didnt used it, but i heard that it runs on a 486 with good graphics...
Not forgetting analogue controlers, extra face buttons, wifi and a 640x480 6" screen :)

ThunderZ posted on Mar 9 2004 at 05:33 PM said:

Well personally I cannot enjoy any game that has more than one frameskip.

And khephren, if you notice my earlier comment, I said that, to me, a game with ripped media, is no game at all. The audio sets the game mood and the FMV tells the story and offers a nice break from the monotony of the game. Imagine playing Legacy of Kain without the FMV, you would have no clue whats going on, as 99% of the story is told via FMV. Again, imagine playing FF7 with no FMV the game wouldnt be very enjoyable without the FMV's. No, ripped media, makes for a poor game.

i wouldnt play a game, which i have never played before on the gp32 in a ripped version....
and i could also play tony hawk with good music... just have to carry my mp3 player with me

Akuma no Houkon posted on Mar 9 2004 at 05:41 PM said:
ThunderZ posted on Mar 9 2004 at 05:33 PM said:

Well personally I cannot enjoy any game that has more than one frameskip.

And khephren, if you notice my earlier comment, I said that, to me, a game with ripped media, is no game at all. The audio sets the game mood and the FMV tells the story and offers a nice break from the repeativeness of the game. Imagine playing Legacy of Kain without the FMV, you would have no clue whats going on, as 99% of the story is told via FMV. Again, imagine playing FF7 with no FMV the game wouldnt be very enjoyable without the FMV's. No, ripped media, makes for a poor game.
Certain games need FMV, it's true. But many do not. AS for frame skips above 1, games like final fantasy would certainly be playable with skips above 1. So would many turn based games. Later PS1 games told the story with ingame engines, not FMV, so no harm is done to them either. I can't imagine ridgeracer, or medal of honour suffering from missing cutscences, in fact there are many games i'd rather play without FMV. I'm a player, not a watcher. I certainly won't miss out on a PS1 emu because of frameskip/FMV issues- and I bet you won't either, or will you give it a miss because you dislike 'ripped' media? To be honest the games I want to play are ones I own and love, and I already know their cutscenes inside and out.

about the issue of game size is gamepark not developing bigger cards which are compatible with the gp32? i personally dont see this emu being shown the light of day but would like to see it happening.

They talked about it last year, but then they talked about a lot of things, remember the flash player they said was almost finished?. You could use a an SMC converter to another format, but the bios only supports 128MB (so it's said, AFAIK no one has tried a converter with +128MB MMC)

Back