Release Forget Me Not - updated on the repo

ZXDunny

Deep avatar
Hi all -

I've updated Forget-Me-Not again!

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=forgetmenot.zxdunny.2994

New for this release is the addition of the challenge map for standard mode games. Challenge maps appear every ten levels, starting at level 5. On starting a challenge map, your health is replenished and you get one chance to complete the level. Losing a life (and thus failing the challenge) means that any score you accumulated during the round is lost. Whether you complete it or fail it, your health is replenished and your lives counter is unaffacted - there's no penalty for failing, but the potential for massive score bonuses is there should you succeed.

Challenge maps are insanely difficult, and visually very confusing :)

I've also tweaked level generation - max mode always fills the screen if you're in chunky mode, in non-chunky mode I've limited the maps to a smaller maximum size to maintain playability on non-overclocked Pandoras.

Various other issues have been addressed also - but if you find a bug then please notify me here or in the comments on the repo.

Cheers,

D.

Yep, on the repo for your application, if you're logged in you'll see an 'administrate' button on the top with a wrench. There is where you click to add more information.

Additional info added, as well as a better splash screen (from the iOS app icon) and a speed increase.

D.

Uploaded a new build - should be a bit faster, closer to the PC version's speed on smaller maps. Still remains smooth and playable on large complex maps but more work is needed. I think that floating point code is getting the better of the compiler and slowing it down, as everything onscreen has to be refreshed every frame, and that takes too much time...

Anyway, get it at the usual place.

D.

Back