For Anyone Who Cares...

Squidge

Certified Guru
Website
Visit site
Just in case your wondering what I've been up to :)

http://www.squidgey.plus.com/squidgesnes.zip

Still very basic, but it runs some roms quite well, like Super mario world. To use it you need to unzip the contents to the root of your sd card, and the rom you want to use needs to be called "snes.smc" and be in the same directory. To exit the emulation press the 'start' button.

At the moment, it's in 100% C apart from the cpu core, which is in asm (taken from yoyo's little john palm). Once it's usable, I plan to implement more asm and speedups.

Note that this is classified as a 'techdemo' - it's not currently playable. The only button that will do anything is 'start', which exits the emulation.

Things still to do:

Change from my own sdk to Rlyeh's SDK
Implement controls
Implement sound
Improve compatibility
Scaling/centering of image
More speed
File selector
and lots more...

I only know of 2 snes emu's, NK's snes emu and this one.

This one uses lots of code from others, namely LJP and OpenSnes9X, so it's not really from scratch as such. Then again though, it does seem a lot faster than NK's snes emu, and this one currently runs permanently in fs0.

I just clocked mine to 255 mhz and ran supermario world....runs very good....just hope u can get a good speed with sound.

Cant wait for more updates....thanks

:lol: Squidge! :lol: Squidge! :lol: Squidge!

Just curious, but do you have any plans or ideas on using the second core for either this project or possibly others?

Thanks

I'm not going to try this for the time being - save up the suspense for when it's more than a tech demo, methinks :).

But from the sound of things, this is a very very nice start! FS0 was, I must say, not a speed I'd expected any SNES emu (even one in as early stages as this one) to run.

Back