For Anyone Who Cares...

i was playing starfox2 and megamanx2 on nks emu and they ran pretty well, at least mega man did but starfox2 was playable

MegaMan X2 didn't use the SuperFX chip.. if memory serves, it used the C4 chip.

Yoshi's Island and DooM use the SuperFX 2 chip. But there's no reason to play doom on a SNES emulator - it should be trivial to port the PC version =)

-OCA|

anyway..so if your listening squidge, obviously not a main priority but keep in mind an option to stretch or scale the games to fit full screen?

Scaling looks uuuugleeeee. It always looks like crap unless it is scaled an even 2:1 which you can't do here. We would be better off using that extra core and 2D accelerator for things like transparencies and faster rendering IMHO

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be adding centering and scaling soon, so don't worry about that :) Centering will take a bit of processing power, as the emu will no longer be able to directly write to the lcd buffer. Shouldn't take much however, as hopefully I can use the hardware blitter.

Scaling shouldn't take any power at all - should be able to do all that in hardware.

So ironically, in all liklihood, a scaled game will run (marginally) faster than a non-scaled game? That's just plain weird lol!

I'll be adding centering and scaling soon, so don't worry about that :) Centering will take a bit of processing power, as the emu will no longer be able to directly write to the lcd buffer. Shouldn't take much however, as hopefully I can use the hardware blitter.

Scaling shouldn't take any power at all - should be able to do all that in hardware.

Sounds Sweet :D

Incoming! :D

Added some stuff to the settings menu for 0.31:

* Full screen scaling (uses the gp2x hardware, so no performance loss)
* FPS counter now optional
* Ability to use the “standard” absolute rom path /roms/snes rather than the relative path “roms”
* Option to swap around the action buttons so that it matches a snes controller

* Ability to use the “standard” absolute rom path /roms/snes rather than the relative path “roms”
wow!
even DrMD doesnt have some of these features (think scaling).
Thanks again Squidge.

No centering?
Oh well, gonna try with scaling and no counter now... Thanks alot. You've been releasing this ridiculously quickly. :D

EDIT: Scaling looks nice, at least in Super Mario World. It's a little strange how it scales each frame individually though (not that I can think of any other way) because the sprites change every frame. But still great. Thanks Squidgey.

I know everone's saying it, but only because it's true, these are the features that I was waiting for. NK's SNES2x has just been deleted from my SD. :D

bloody hell squidge!
everytime i load it up then check back on here, theres a new update!
scaling makes it alot better for me.

suggestion for next update - could you make the rom menu fast scrollable as going down the list 1 by 1 takes ages. also perhaps make it list games alphabetically

Back