Fixing the D-Pad

DaMummy

Soldier Paste
i know there was a thread somewhere that goes into detail how to fix a squishy dpad or button, but i cant for the life of me locate said thread, while i should be just find just going by EDs lcd cable replace video to fix my dpad issue, i wouldnt mind some specialized info on the subject

Hm i only recall something about disassembling the nubs, not the Dpad. But there is also something about stuck keys in here:

ya i looked around everywhere only to think that i may have been thinking of the squishy button ixing threads, and only to remember that the dpad is glued onto the keymat, so i might have to shoot jackie an email to see if i can get a new keymat+dpad unless someone has some other idea worth trying

bump

anyone got any solutions, as id hate to bother craig or ed about this, or am i just best off asking jackie for a replacement as its getting rather annoying

My Dpad's right direction has gone a bit squishy, sort of, I have to press a lot harder to go right than I do to go left. Did you manage to solve this in the end? I was thinking about opening it up to see what I could do...

Actually, if I pull the dpad up a little I can see inside and the problem is that the little round bit has come out of the rubber bit. Would I be able to sort this out from the other side if I opened it up?

Just opened mine up, appears the pad is glued to the rubber, and the has partly come off on the right direction, might try glueing it another day, if that doesn't work i'll have to send off for a new one :(

i just ordered a new keymat from jackie, no point in sending pandora off for few months to do something i can do myself. and if you already have the pandora taken apart, this means youre more then capable of replacing keymat yourself as well

hmm, well it is now going to be forever switched on as I managed to snap off the little white bit that connects to the power switch, never really turned it off anyway though. I'll send them an email about getting another Keymat, did they say how long it would take? and how much did it cost?

i just ordered a new keymat from jackie, no point in sending pandora off for few months to do something i can do myself. and if you already have the pandora taken apart, this means youre more then capable of replacing keymat yourself as well
+1

Save time and money by DIY.
-1 since ordering a new keymat, ive developed a ptod, and while id be able to replace a keymat and fix my right speaker if all that troubles it is a bad solder, i dont really want to replace lcd myself, plus at this point i might as well just send it back for repair.

also the keymat i received was w/o a dpad :| so its kinda useless to me anyway

i got it around late june maybe? its a 2nd hand premium pandora that was ordered in june

Hence why I started the thread in ask-a-craig...It was the one thing I was sure to avoid.

Back