D-Pad clicking soun

WizardStan

Mega GP Mania
A few months back, someone posted that they hear this clicking sound when they press on the D-Pad, especially when they press it near the center. Unfortunately I can't remember who that was or what thread it might have been.

Anywho, having just opened my Pandora to try and fix the LCD cable, I did some inspection and discovered a rounded pin right in the middle of the D-pad, there to prevent the user from mashing down hard on the d-pad and pressing all four directions at the same time. The clicking sound is this pin making contact with the board, that is all. Nothing is catching on anything, or pushing wrong or whatever, it is simply the stop pin doing what it was designed to do. So whomever reported that clicking sound, I think you can rest easy.

A few months back, someone posted that they hear this clicking sound when they press on the D-Pad, especially when they press it near the center. Unfortunately I can't remember who that was or what thread it might have been.

Anywho, having just opened my Pandora to try and fix the LCD cable, I did some inspection and discovered a rounded pin right in the middle of the D-pad, there to prevent the user from mashing down hard on the d-pad and pressing all four directions at the same time. The clicking sound is this pin making contact with the board, that is all. Nothing is catching on anything, or pushing wrong or whatever, it is simply the stop pin doing what it was designed to do. So whomever reported that clicking sound, I think you can rest easy.

Hi

I had the same clicking with my dpad on the Pandora, after carefull inspection to find out where the sound was coming from, it was actually due to the back battery cover, due to build quality the back cover sticks out a bit/does not sort of fit and when pressing the dpad your fingers are on the back battery cover and that makes a clicking noise, this was the problem for me. I don't know if this is helpfull to people that have this dpad clicking but it's worth mentioning

Hi

I had the same clicking with my dpad on the Pandora, after carefull inspection to find out where the sound was coming from, it was actually due to the back battery cover, due to build quality the back cover sticks out a bit/does not sort of fit and when pressing the dpad your fingers are on the back battery cover and that makes a clicking noise, this was the problem for me. I don't know if this is helpfull to people that have this dpad clicking but it's worth mentioning
that's a different clicking then. This was quite specific and repeatable: press a direction (especially diagonals) very close to the centre, and there's a distinct tap sound. It's just the stop pin thing on the Dpad making contact with the board the way it was meant to. I guess the rubber causes the D-pad to be lifted a fraction of a millimeter higher than it was designed for, but it's still good.

that's a different clicking then. This was quite specific and repeatable: press a direction (especially diagonals) very close to the centre, and there's a distinct tap sound. It's just the stop pin thing on the Dpad making contact with the board the way it was meant to. I guess the rubber causes the D-pad to be lifted a fraction of a millimeter higher than it was designed for, but it's still good.

Couldn't the pin have been made by a softer material to stop the clicking? It can't be an annoyance though. Hard to imagine people complaining about something like that.

From my point of view the dpad is the best of the pandoracontrols. I never had clicking or anything.

Yeah, that was my friend complaining about that. Must just be him, since I don't have that problem so noticably on mine.

;)

Back