First Edition?

Hobo

Website
Visit site
If u look at the new photos on the left of the screen it says first edition. Could there be another version of the gp2x? I'm confused :blink: :blink:

I think it's just for bragging rights, meaning you are one of the first adopters and getting the unit from the first production run.

Subsequent units will probablly be just the same, but without the extra nerd-cred 'first edition' stamped on your unit will give. :D

Not really.. a lot of collectable items such as cards, action figures etc do have first edtion runs.. it ups the value later on when the item is still desirable.

An example would be the First edition Charizard in the Pokemon TCG as it peaked to £200 at one point.

I have a first run, first edition GP32. I've been quite happy with it. I've never had any serious problems with it, and it would even OC to 150 reliably. I'm glad I didn't wait to buy because of "rumors" that they might eventually release one with a backlight or other features.

What I'm saying is that there is always something "better" just around the corner (ESPECIALLY with gadgets). If you're always waiting for the next big thing, you'll never actually HAVE anything.

The first batch of GP2Xs have been reported to have some minor problems, but nothing that can't be fixed with software or firmware in the comming weeks. It is EXTREMELY unlikely that GPH will release a GP2X with any major hardware modifications within a year.

You can't spend years developing a piece of hardware and then abandon it for the next version when it's only been out for a couple months. Well, unless you're Tiger Telemetrics.

So buy away! At the very least, when the GP3X comes out, you'll be able to brag that you had the "first edition" of the last gen. That's how hardcore you are ;)

Think of it as what tapwave did. They had the first edition units, and then they had the "tapwave fueled" units. There really wasnt any difference between the units except for the type of memory (not size)

Think of it as what tapwave did. They had the first edition units, and then they had the "tapwave fueled" units. There really wasnt any difference between the units except for the type of memory (not size)

yes they did. Anyway i heard that Gp said on their website that there were no plans to make a GP2X- F200

or maybe gampark tricked us into buying the Gp2X knowning that it was full of bugs. This would give them reason to make a second edition. HMMMMMMMMMMM.... :blink: :D :blink: :blink: :blink:

The "first edition" just means that they are the first produced GP2X. AFAIK it won't be on the units from Craig.

The "first edition" just means that they are the first produced GP2X. AFAIK it won't be on the units from Craig.

r u sure?

Seems logical to me that if 'First Edition' units were just for Korean customers in preorder, that 'First Edition' would be printed in Korean, not English. Some Pics I've seen clearly show 'First Edition' in English (pics from SNES emulator by NK) :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems logical to me that if 'First Edition' units were just for Korean customers in preorder, that 'First Edition' would be printed in Korean, not English. Some Pics I've seen clearly show 'First Edition' in English (pics from SNES emulator by NK) :blink:
NK is Korean :( and at the time of writing only Korean consumers have the units in their hands.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back