U-boot

Purist

I'm stupid. Nothing more!
Website
Visit site
Hello. I think there is something to do with there being a gp2xboot.img in the
second firmware. (1.0.1) I think that First Edition GP2Xs had u-boot 1.0 while newer ones came pre-loaded with the 1.0.1. I myself have been afraid and always deleted the u-boot file when flashing my firmware. Also, I can't use the cramfs firmware. It "bricks" my gp2x to green screen. So, are there two u-boots? A difference?
Edit: If my gp2x bricks while updating u-boot can I return it under warranty?

I did, it took like 3 minutes. Then I tried flashing the cramfs kernel twice. Both times led to a brick which led me to use a card-reader to fix. So, are there different u-boots?

Purist posted on Feb 26 2006 at 02:20 AM said:
Hello. I think there is something to do with there being a gp2xboot.img in the
second firmware. (1.0.1) I think that First Edition GP2Xs had u-boot 1.0 while newer ones came pre-loaded with the 1.0.1. I myself have been afraid and always deleted the u-boot file when flashing my firmware. Also, I can't use the cramfs firmware. It "bricks" my gp2x to green screen. So, are there two u-boots? A difference?
Edit: If my gp2x bricks while updating u-boot can I return it under warranty?
You cant return it. If flashin U boot (I have once) use full batteries (I did) or a power supply (I recommend this)

Last edited by a moderator:
Aninhumer posted on Feb 26 2006 at 02:44 AM said:
Well mine bricked, and I got a replacement.
Is it just Gbax that replace them?
think it depends how you brick it, GP32z replaced mine that 'auto-briked'

Last edited by a moderator:
Well they can't exactly prove you were trying to flash the U-boot, can they?
But yeah mine had "autobricked"

Surely flashing with an official GPH patch has to be considered normal use anyway. I can't imagine that flashing uboot would invalidate your warranty.

Back