Which Gp2x Version/edition Is The Latest?

Thermoptic

Still Fresh
Im interested in buying a Gp2x. But what do i need to know before buying one?

There seems to be a couple of different version of the Gp2x. I have noticed that the logotype in the left top corner look different on some Gp2x screenshots. I know that one of them had the "First edition" text right beneath the logotype.. which is the current edition?

I have also noticed that the analog controller have different designs.

So which one should i purchase? Which one of these Gp2x versions are the latest? And does it really matter?, is there some big upgrades in the newer ones or is it just a design upgrade?

And if you have some other things that i should think about before purchasing a Gp2x them please post!

Thanks!

Thermoptic posted on May 29 2006 at 03:06 PM said:
Im interested in buying a Gp2x. But what do i need to know before buying one?

There seems to be a couple of different version of the Gp2x. I have noticed that the logotype in the left top corner look different on some Gp2x screenshots. I know that one of them had the "First edition" text right beneath the logotype.. which is the current edition?

I have also noticed that the analog controller have different designs.

So which one should i purchase? Which one of these Gp2x versions are the latest? And does it really matter?, is there some big upgrades in the newer ones or is it just a design upgrade?

And if you have some other things that i should think about before purchasing a Gp2x them please post!
Are you familiar with these sort of devices or computers in general, emulators especially?

There is a "First Edition" for those in the first order Fall 2005, an edition mostly the same without those words on it, and the actually different Second Edition. See Here: http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/FirstEditionChanges.

The part you see is called a "CAP" here on these forums and by the english-speaking distributors, it is a replaceable plastic item. The actual hardware of the joystick has not changed, it has however been rotated by a 45 degree angle because the up/down/left/right electrical contacts were quite a bit smaller than the ones in the diagonal corners, making it very difficult to use for some people.

You would want to be sure to get a Second Edition, or MK II version.

The motherboard in the actual MK II is changed some, at the least it has the joystick area moved around for the 45 degree angle change.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back