Firmware 1.6.0 Released

monstercameron

Website
www.thinkteletronics.com
We are pleased to announce that CAANOO firmware 1.6.0 version has just been updated.

GO TO DOWNLOAD

◆ Update information ◆
- Improvement in DGE library
- Improvement in WiFi driver

◆ New function ◆
- It adds Ad-hoc features on WiFi LAN menu
- It adds a built-in QT library

◆ How to update the firmware 1.6.0 ◆
* Update the firmware from 1.5.0 version to 1.6.0 version
1. Download the firmware from [customer center-download-firmware]
2. Decompress the downloaded file, copy and paste it into the roots folder of the SD card.
3. Insert the SD card to your device and boot it while pressing the R button
4. Once “Firmware upgrading…” message appears, release the R button.
5. If “Firmware Upgrade Complete” message pops up, upgrade is complete.

* Update the firmware from 1.0.1 version to 1.6.0 version
1. Download the firmware from [customer center-download-firmware]
2. Decompress the downloaded file, copy and paste it into the roots folder of SD card
3. Insert SD card to your device and boot it while pressing the R button.
4. When “Firmware upgrading…” message appears, release the R button.
5. Once “Bootloader was updated” message appears, repeat step #3-#4.
6. If “Firmware Upgrade Complete” message turns up on the screen, upgrade is complete.

I'll give this a try when I get home. I wonder if this might fix the problem I have with DrPocketSNES hanging.

for me i dont need it... i have all this in my caanoo already.

The adhoc is nice :)

Comparatif GP MARK :

WIZ : 332.2 / 242.9 / 169.6 / 233.9 / 73.8 / 20.9 / 5.3

FW 1.0.6 : 331.5 / 252.3 / 162.5 / 251.3 / 59.3 / 21.8 / 5.1

FW 1.5.0 : 298.2 / 216.8 / 146.0 / 215.9 / 56.7 / 18.5 / 4.7

FW 1.6.0 : 289.3 / 210.7 / 141.3 / 209.4 / 55.0 / 18.9 / 4.6

Looks like its the slowest firmware so far... what a shame all this time for just small changes "PANTS" :angry:

EDIT:Take it all back my nano buffalo adapter works with the new firmware lol

http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/17469575/Buffalo-AirStation-N-Technology-150Mbps-USB2-0-Super-Compact-Adapter/Product.html?searchstring=buffalo&searchtype=allproducts&searchsource=0&urlrefer=search

ruffnutts

These are my GPmark results with firmware 1.6.0
298,2 / 216,7 / 145,9 / 215,9 / 56,7 / 19,3 / 4,7

qbertaddict said:
My official dongle finally connects with WPA2 :)

Yeah, great WPA2 works but the Caanoo doesn't accept my WPA2 code because it is too long. What kind of BS is this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm, Arora browser with in-display keyboard (writen with Qt) not works on new firmware natively. But works fine with old (4.7.1) Qt libs released by me early.

i discovered a flaw in the new firmware. in the older firmwares i could fully read all my documents using the ebook reader. in the newest one i could only read a couple of pages and the rest of the document is cut off. can someone else try to confirm if this a problem in the new firmware?

blues2 said:
i discovered a flaw in the new firmware. in the older firmwares i could fully read all my documents using the ebook reader. in the newest one i could only read a couple of pages and the rest of the document is cut off. can someone else try to confirm if this a problem in the new firmware?

I've not gotten the built-in text reader to do much of anything in 1.6.0 other than short one or two page notes, anything else just displays a single / or at best a few lines of random text out of several pages. I never used 1.5 but the reader in 1.0.6 was able to display 200 page documents fine, formatting aside.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back