Caanoo Firmware Update V1.0.6

Pickle

Mega GP Mania
Website
Visit site
http://www.fungp.com/
http://www.fungp.co.kr/download/v1.0.6_beta.zip

Note: the firmware is labeled as beta, which might mean a final version is still coming. (Although ive updated 3 caanoo's all of them work fine)
Edit: talked to GPH and there was some confusion, the beta label should be removed soon.

The firmware may need to update the bootloader first, which once done will require a power shutdown and the update restarted. Once the firmare is started the second time the filesystem is updated. Both parts of the update go pretty quickly.

Update information

1. Performance improvement

- Improvement in the sensibility of the joystick

- Improvement in WiFi recognition

- Improvement in the sound effect of music player

2. new function

- CPU overclock

updating no .......

At last lol been waiting for this , a point to note i had to delete autorun.gpu from the gmenu2x program to get the firmware to run!

paul3100

paul3100 said:
updating no .......

At last lol been waiting for this , a point to note i had to delete autorun.gpu from the gmenu2x program to get the firmware to run!

paul3100

you did? i have a autorun.gpu and it worked fine. You held the right shoulder button while booting?

Last edited by a moderator:
yep right shoulder button from powering up, perhaps if id tried again it might of worked but i did it twice and nothing so i removed the file and all went smooth.

It takes a lot longer than 30 seconds both times you have to run the update , took about 5 minutes both times and that's not only for me!

paul3100

doesn't work for me... I press the right shoulder, power on, see the GPH logo which disappears after a few seconds, and nothing happens, the only thing I see is the black display
am I doing something wrong?

glezmen said:
doesn't work for me... I press the right shoulder, power on, see the GPH logo which disappears after a few seconds, and nothing happens, the only thing I see is the black display

Have you unpacked the firmware and copied all files into the root directory of the SD card? Works fine for me, overclocking works too, can go up to 780 MHz, before Mame is locking up.

paul3100 said:
It takes a lot longer than 30 seconds both times you have to run the update , took about 5 minutes both times and that's not only for me!

Took around 30 seconds to update the bootloader and then probable 1 minute to update the system. Maybe your card is very slow?

Once you've unzipped the firmware you'll see a load of files and folders and also another zipped file, unzip that and then put all files and folders onto the root of your sd card then try again holding the right shoulder button , as i said above didn't work for me till i removed the gmenu2x autorun file! so if you have gmenu2x menu installed try removing the autorun.gpu file

paul3100

CKeichel said:
glezmen said:

Have you unpacked the firmware and copied all files into the root directory of the SD card? Works fine for me, overclocking works too, can go up to 780 MHz, before Mame is locking up.

paul3100 said:

Took around 30 seconds to update the bootloader and then probable 1 minute to update the system. Maybe your card is very slow?

yes, the downloaded file was unpacked (automatically by OSX, but it worked on WIZ several times)
I waited for 3-4 minutes, it should enough...
I download the ZIP file again and check manually, I hope I can make it work...

CKeichel said:
paul3100 said:

Thats about the time it took for mine.

fishybawb said:
Could someone link directly to the download please? I can't see it in Chrome or Firefox :(

just click on <Firmware File Download>

URL: http://www.fungp.co.kr/download/v1.0.6_beta.zip

glezmen said:
fishybawb said:
Could someone link directly to the download please? I can't see it in Chrome or Firefox :(

just click on <Firmware File Download>

URL: http://www.fungp.co.kr/download/v1.0.6_beta.zip

Confirmed, I'm an idiot :D Thanks!

i tried an other SD card, and it started upgrading immediately

the Caanoo SD reader (or maybe the fw) seems to be really bad. it didn't work with one of my 4GB SD cards, what worked perfectly with the WIZ
now FW upgrade doesn't start from the 16GB SDHC what otherwise worked without problems...

MOD: upgrade still running... a progress bar would be useful

Updated just mine. Wifi still doesn't work with a WPA2 network. This is really a joke. (off topic) Can anyone get the PC Manager running at the moment? I've tried on two machines now and it won't start.

paul3100 said:

Once you've unzipped the firmware you'll see a load of files and folders and also another zipped file, unzip that and then put all files and folders onto the root of your sd card then try again holding the right shoulder button , as i said above didn't work for me till i removed the gmenu2x autorun file! so if you have gmenu2x menu installed try removing the autorun.gpu file

paul3100

you actually don't have to unzip the other unzipped file after you already unzipped it. you only have to unzip once. i tried it your way first and it was taking way too long but now got it working in about a minute.

blues2 said:
you actually don't have to unzip the other unzipped file after you already unzipped it. you only have to unzip once. i tried it your way first and it was taking way too long but now got it working in about a minute.

Worked find here (also just unzipped once), i think you can even delete the IMG and that other directory afterwards from the SD card since they are only used by the updater and are written to the nand so normally all files can be deleted or at least i think and did so :)

joyrider said:
blues2 said:

Worked find here (also just unzipped once), i think you can even delete the IMG and that other directory afterwards from the SD card since they are only used by the updater and are written to the nand so normally all files can be deleted or at least i think and did so :)

I also unpacked the file once and immediatly deleted all the files from the firmware from my SD card. No problem, everything works fine, they were only needed for updating.

Well the joystick issues seem to be better it is a lot better in the ohboy emu and mame. The wireless dongle sees my network finally but it wont connect because it is wpa2. Its a good start but not perfect yet.

I am not sure, but I have the feeling, the performance improvements in the What's New really speed up Pitfall II in the VCS 2600 Emulator, but this can also be my imagination.

Back