Caanoo Firmware Update V1.0.6

They also changed the code of the movie player. I had some XVid movies, that the old firmware played without sound (not exactly without sound, more with a constant crackling noise), when I try this movies now, it only says "invalid file".
So some thing gone straight from bad to worse ;)

Samedi said:
Just updated. Still wont let me enter all of my encryption key to connect to my router. (have 26 characters but will only let me input 22.)

The overclock function. Is this something you can select, if so could someone tell me where it is as I am unable to find it.

This is very frustrating!!!

I had the same issue with WEP. For now, you should just try using WPA (not WPA2). I'm assuming you're using the official wifi dongle.

Last edited by a moderator:
NeoGML said:
Samedi said:
Just updated. Still wont let me enter all of my encryption key to connect to my router. (have 26 characters but will only let me input 22.)

The overclock function. Is this something you can select, if so could someone tell me where it is as I am unable to find it.

This is very frustrating!!!

I had the same issue with WEP. For now, you should just try using WPA (not WPA2). I'm assuming you're using the official wifi dongle.

Yes, I'm using the official dongle.

Many thanks for the advice, think I'll stick to my existing WEP as I have too many devices connected to it. Glad to hear that it does work though :D

Even with the new firmware my Wifi dongle doesn't work:
http://www.sweex.com/en/assortiment/internet-networking/lan-cards/LW153/specificaties
It use the Ralink RT3070 chipset, i always get this message:
"Network connection failed"
And just after
"Wifi Conection is over"
Exactly the same thing than when nothing is plug in the caanoo

"Network connection failed"
And just after
"Wifi Conection is over"
Exactly the same thing than when nothing is plug in the caanoo

i get exactly the same using edimax nano , annoying isn't it!

paul3100

So, I'm able to connect to my wifi network fine, but is anyone else having to re-enter the password every single time?

With fw 1.01 I only had to do this once, and then it remembered.

jeez. Am I doing something wrong?

Optimus said:
Just a little update.

It finally worked for me, with a different card. It's even an SD-card Micro-SD adapter where I temporary plugged in my micro-sd card from Dingoo just to make the update. And it worked miracles. Phew..

So, the lesson is, if anything wrong happens to you, just try a different SD card.

my firmware update seid it had finished updating and to rstart the device but when i did it got stuck on the caanoo logos!!!!!!
i will try a difrent card i hope it works.....

First time I tried running this update on my regular microSD card in an SD adapter, it didn't like it, might have been the Gmenu2X autoboot or something.
Then I tried a regular 1gb Sd card and it updated fine.

I updated my Caanoo from stock to 1.0.6 the other day, and it took AGES. The first bit (updating the bootloader?) took around 15mins and the second part (after the reboot) took about another 10mins. For anyone thinking something's gone wrong, hang in there.

Had anybody tried using USB pads with Picodrive before the firmware update? Anybody notice that USB pads to not work with Picodrive after the update?

traylorpark said:
Had anybody tried using USB pads with Picodrive before the firmware update? Anybody notice that USB pads to not work with Picodrive after the update?

try changing the USB drive setting

Your a good guy Pickle for not taking that opportunity to call me out on a silly oversight.

Back