Firmware 1.4.0 Features

Hmmm all this topic did was stir the pot. It probably would have been best unsaid.

As for the beta testing, I am all for it. The more testing the better firmware.

On a side note... read my sig... still doesn't seem to be any progress on that situation either.

I am still running FW 1.0.1 that came with my 2X. I have had no problems or complaints, except the dodgy EQ system in the audio player. I don't care much for GPH FW upgrades, I just want the community to take care of the FW once the source is release. It would progress much faster. Anyways.. getting off topic.. sry.

I stand by my original msg, this would have been better left unsaid! Then we wouldn't have a bunch of whinning 13 yr olds screaming blue-murder over not being spoonfed the latest patches.

cakey posted on Feb 7 2006 at 11:15 AM said:
...one of the things I love most about OPEN source is the OPENNESS. If they wanted to do the "private betas" they shouldve gone with WinCE. Here in the Linux world ANYONE can be a beta tester.

Thats fine apart from one problem - a large amount of people download the betas, and then complain that they are not perfect :s (Hello! It's named as a beta for a reason!)

Besides, anyone CAN test the latest version. It's not private, it's just a beta, so not posted as an official public upgrade as yet. All they ask is that you report back any bugs that you find, so they can fix it before the official public release.

Last edited by a moderator:
The way I see it is.
This is not a private beta. Otherwise Craig would not have mentioned it on here.
All the poster did was mention the firmwares features.

Every piece of software has a beta phase. Get over it.

Sweet, hope all the peeps who're using this hurry up and identify all the bugs, report them, and we can get them fixed :)

Hanz™ posted on Feb 7 2006 at 11:45 AM said:
The way I see it is.
This is not a private beta. Otherwise Craig would not have mentioned it on here.
All the poster did was mention the firmwares features.

Every piece of software has a beta phase. Get over it.

well ppl think different as u, since i pm other user that used his signature to say that he got 1.4 firmware to ask him about firmware, whats new etc and he just say private beta i cant say nothing, like i said to him, look weird, ppl dont know wtf is private and whats not, a firmware got in a irc where everyone can get for self isnt private ok, just is a beta not oficial

IanJ posted on Feb 7 2006 at 10:52 PM said:
So, uh, I may have missed something, but, if people are beta testing 1.4, what the heck happened to 1.3 promised quite a while back?

I think it was skipped because of GPL issues. Craig said it in a thread a few days back.

no no no, you should realise that the best updates for the gp2x all go to ELEVEN! When you are playing a game, and it bugs out on you and you were all the way up on ten, where can you go from there?
the answer is - eleven!

If there is a "private beta" GPH doesn't know how to run things, the Zaurus had a nice open community, and we all got to try things out and give feedback, which made things flow a lot quicker and smooter.

All this is doing is making people feel left out, and not part of a community.

There have been alot of excuses but it's getting to be a bit much, honestly.

Come yell at me if ya want, but it's the way I see it.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

I yell!

Im not worried about the beta firmware or whatever is, for me thats like a slightly better version of the firmware that i have in my toaster. Not much change, still burns bread exactly the same way!

until official announcment is made im not putting anything BETA into my 2x, i worry about official firmware doing damage! LET ALONE a beta!

for beta or for worse...

Wobedraggled posted on Feb 7 2006 at 01:07 PM said:
If there is a "private beta" GPH doesn't know how to run things, the Zaurus had a nice open community, and we all got to try things out and give feedback, which made things flow a lot quicker and smooter.

Maybe if the GP2X firmware team were fluent in English then it would be released to us for testing and they could understand half the uninformed ramblings from us lot!

I think woogal said it best on page 2,
woogal posted on Feb 7 2006 at 09:03 AM said:
So let me get this straight - GPH release firmwares that are buggy and get given a load of shit for not testing, so they then decide to run a test before releasing the next version and they get given shit for not making it publicly available :blink:

I feel really sorry for GPH at the minute. The poor fuckers just can't win.

Disclaimer : Not everyones ramblings are uninformed

Wobedraggled posted on Feb 7 2006 at 02:07 PM said:

As I said before it is not a private beta. What is everyones inane idea that just because something isn't for testing on gp32x it is private.

Hanz™ posted on Feb 7 2006 at 09:10 AM said:
As I said before it is not a private beta. What is everyones inane idea that just because something isn't for testing on gp32x it is private.

If it's not available to everyone it's not public, what do we call it then?

Back