Release Firefox 19.0

Generally it starts off jerky but reaches a smooth speed (above 25fps) after a few seconds.

Anyone know why?

Am I the only one who got the annoying message "Your firefox profile cannot be loaded. It may be missing or inaccessible." after update ?

I have to mount the pnd and lauch firefox manually to make it works with my old profile.

I try to recreate my profile using the ProfileManager, but I've still got the error after closing and relaunching of the PND.

Does anybody knows how to solve that ?

Delete Pandra > appdata > hdonk_firefox folder on SD.

Make a backup first as everything (passwords, history...) will be deleted then.

At least it will work again.

I cant install the xmarks plugin, it does download and starts installing, but then:

"Xmarks could not be installed because Firefox cannot modify the needed file."

I did notice that it xmarks was working for some people with FF4, but that was posted back in 2011.

Anyone knows what is the latest FF and xmarks versions that work?

In order to be able to install extensions, run the command the Firefox launcher uses via the sudo command which should be entered into the Terminal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the tip.

And what exactly will that command be?

secondly, you might be right, but I find that strange since installing other extensions does work and also xmarks installed fine under slackware / FF18

In order to be able to install extensions, run the command the Firefox launcher uses via the sudo command which should be entered into the Terminal.
With Admin mode, it was working and actualy pretty easy, thanks. :)   

@amyren: not all FF plugins need root (Admin) permissions but some do.

With Admin mode, it was working and actualy pretty easy, thanks. :)
@amyren: not all FF plugins need root (Admin) permissions but some do.
I got it working now anyway, by copying the xmarks extension folder manually from the slackware installation, and edited the extensions.ini file.

But for next time, please instruct me how I can run FF in admin mode to install extensions.

EDIT: More precisely, what is the command the Firefox launcher uses?

EDIT2: Just discovered the pop up menu 'Edit launcher', that answered my last question here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back