Finally Have My Gp2x

the red thing on the screen is the tab used to remove the screen protector used in transit whatever you do dont leave this on before attaching the proper screen protector, I had with my unit when i tugged at the red tab it just came off leavi ng the protector in place use a small needle to pick at the very edge to lift this up, remove it and then place the clear plastic screen protector to your unit remembering to remove the 2 plastic protective layers from it first.

Got my 2X on Tueday. I really like it! My only complaint is that the Joystick is sooooooooooooo damn stiff and the diagonal issue makes some games unplayable. I hope that this thing loosens up a bit after a while.

They are talking about the big glass cover that came with your gp2x marco.

When I got my gp2x the dumb red tab was slid inside of the case (between the lcd and the case), that was a pain to get out.

I got soooo lucky, I had just been woken up with 'Dieter, a package arrived for you' and immideatly put on the glass cover downstairs. I'm soooo glad I didn't get any dust trapped in there :D

When did you guys order yours? GP32z said my package shipped Dec. 21st, but I still haven't recived mine.

Ranger X posted on Dec 29 2005 at 03:06 PM said:
When did you guys order yours? GP32z said my package shipped Dec. 21st, but I still haven't recived mine.
I orderd mine from GP32z in Nov. It shipped on the 20th and I got it on Tuesday of this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
aapje89 posted on Dec 29 2005 at 02:31 PM said:
yey :D, and what is it like, any problems so far?
1. Joystick isn't centered over the hole in the casing. I think it touches the edge when I pull the stick down :(
2. Scanlines appears when the unit is moved ever so slightly. It's ugly and very noticable in high contrast areas. Like here in the main menu:
interlaced3as.jpg

(replicated effect)

Other than that the unit is fine. No problems updating firmware, USB works, etc.

Battery Life sux

Buy 8 battery's

Duracell shit

2 hours its empty

And There is a Little hole in my Lcd screen :(

MAME works fine for most games, check out the news area, Franxis just released version 1.1

As for battery life, rechargeables are a must. Get some 2300-2600 mAh rechargeables and use those, I get 4ish hours on my cheapo 2300 mAh batteries so I'll probably get a good brand name and get even better. Also AC adapters are handy if you use it indoors, you can get a decent one at Radio Shack or a place like that for 20ish dollars.

Battery life seems ok. at least 3-4 hours with 2500mah energizers. Only thing I'm worried about atm is the appearance of scanlines when moving the unit. Does anyone else have this problem?
interlaced3as.jpg

(Move the unit slightly while looking at the screen)

Eolair posted on Dec 29 2005 at 02:16 PM said:
Battery life seems ok. at least 3-4 hours with 2500mah energizers. Only thing I'm worried about atm is the appearance of scanlines when moving the unit. Does anyone else have this problem?
interlaced3as.jpg

(Move the unit slightly while looking at the screen)

I had that issue with mine. I've seen a lot of displays do that, including PDAs. It's a bit annoying but not something that I really worried about.

-OCA|

I'm very happy with the GP2X too. and I saw the scanlines too when I moved the unit... doesn't bother me. I don't move it much ;)

The joystick is REALLY the worst part on the GP2X.

There is just one drawback to me:
I like the GP2X very much, the buttons are neat and very solid.
But the joystick SUCKS so hard. It isn't anything like precise, I hope there'll be a 2nd edition where they fix that or I'll have to do that myself, but I don't want to void my warranty!
That's my only wish to GPH.. and longer battery time, equal to the GP32 would be nice. :D

Back