I finally have my Pandora

Thanks DaMummy for the links :) , just downloaded them, but when I go to the Cave Story page to download the game, I am not sure which version I have to download, ¿windows? ¿gp2x?

Don't go to the Cave Story page, just download the PND from the repo.

Thanks, thought I also had to download the game, gonna try it.

Welcome to the pandora community and many thanks for buying the console,we need more people to buy this unit.

Nice pictures of super mario 64,yes you are right n64 plays perfect and the games do look like hd quality,which is wicked.

Neo geo and snes are good as you mentioned,don'tforget to try the update of snes9x 4p emulator,it has loads of improvements inc. scaling which is most games wasn't right but starfox on the pandora screen looks totally amazing also try hagane one of the snes best shooter ever and it still is one of the best game still with neat graphics and top notch gameplay.

Thanks DaMummy for the links :) , just downloaded them, but when I go to the Cave Story page to download the game, I am not sure which version I have to download, ¿windows? ¿gp2x?

You do need to download the game. ;) The GP2X version is what you're after - GINGE is intended for running GP2X software on the Pandora.

You do need to download the game. ;) The GP2X version is what you're after - GINGE is intended for running GP2X software on the Pandora.

The PND linked to IS the game. I don't see a reason to use GINGE when there's already a perfectly good port for the Pandora. It's what I used.

My apologies. I thought that, since GINGE was mentioned, that was what was linked to. :p

I played it via GINGE, myself, before nxengine even existed.

Cave Story PND (NXengine) is indeed all you need.

it's the 'engine' bit in NXengine and it's description that can give the impression further game fles are needed - I got all my Cave Story PC files handy when I installed it and was pleasantly surprised to find they are part of the PND. No further action needed to install it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the pandora community and many thanks for buying the console,we need more people to buy this unit.

Nice pictures of super mario 64,yes you are right n64 plays perfect and the games do look like hd quality,which is wicked.

Neo geo and snes are good as you mentioned,don'tforget to try the update of snes9x 4p emulator,it has loads of improvements inc. scaling which is most games wasn't right but starfox on the pandora screen looks totally amazing also try hagane one of the snes best shooter ever and it still is one of the best game still with neat graphics and top notch gameplay.

Thanks again for all your help Ocean, and dont thank me for getting this wonderfull device (although patience was needed :D ), thank the Pandora team for making this great hardware posible and all the devs working to make the software and emulators better and better. :D

I didnt know that there is an update to de snes9x 4p emulator, dont remember which version I have, but will make sure to install the latest version. :)

Will also try hagane, I dont know this game so it will be great to try it.

Hope that the production of the boards in Germany go well and quickly, a lot of people deserve to get their hands on this wonderful device. :eek: :eek: :eek: :)

The PND linked to IS the game. I don't see a reason to use GINGE when there's already a perfectly good port for the Pandora. It's what I used.

Yes, it already comes all together which is great, guess thats one of the neat things about Pandora, there are so many posibilities, that you can even play the same game with diferent programs and emulators. :lol: :lol:

Just tried the new update to the Supernintendo emulator and the chages made are great, now there is full screen without black bars at the bottom and top of the screen, also DKC 3 works perfect without having to overclock, (before there was some slowdown in the snow levels), aso you get some helpfull screen meseges when you save the game, and also when you first enter the emulator explaning that pressing space bar opens the menu.

Thanks a lot to the developers who are working to get the emulators better, sometimes small changes make a big diference. :)

Now, if only we can push the developers to get gpFCE-GP2X to open the menu with the Space bar...
I think that would require getting rid of the Ginge wrapper for it. Though a native build should be possible, I don't know emulators that well.

I use the NES emulator enough to put some money towards it....

Ok thanks for nice comments,you are right it's wonderful device with so much it can do.

NeoG did you try hagane,it's one of the most famous snes game,which everyone talked about,looks like most people don't remember it.

The scaling and lines at the bottom in most games has been solved but starwing is still the same it's bit slow in gameplay and sound,what happened to pandasnes,it's not realeased that's a great shame.

Ok thanks for nice comments,you are right it's wonderful device with so much it can do.

NeoG did you try hagane,it's one of the most famous snes game,which everyone talked about,looks like most people don't remember it.
What *is* Hagane? I'm not too sure it can be one of the most famous games if people don't know it.

I'm curious. :)

The scaling and lines at the bottom in most games has been solved but starwing is still the same it's bit slow in gameplay and sound,what happened to pandasnes,it's not realeased that's a great shame.
Star Fox/Starwing actually runs twice as fast as it should. I have a bounty up for making it run at its correct speed. :D (Again, anyone working on the SNES emulator: Let me know if/when it's been done, and I'll pay you.)

Ocean, I tried the Hagane game and it looks wicked :eek: ;) , pretty impresive graphics and game mecanics, as soon as I have more time I will play it more indepth.

Thanks again for your sugestion, I only know the most common videogames of the Super Nintendo, and I never heard of this one, but I am sure that because of its quality people do know about this game.

For the supernintendo emulator it would be nice to have a smooth filter, that would be enough for me to be completely satisfied :lol: , although I wonder what could be achieved with a specific Pandora supernintendo emulator.

Would also be great to have the same full screen option in the Gngeo emulator, apart from that its very good, and you do have the option to put a soft filter which is great. :)

Star Fox/Starwing actually runs twice as fast as it should.

Only if you have frameskip enabled.
No, this is completely incorrect (and I never have frameskip enabled, for the record). Try comparing it to a real SNES before making such claims - I have, both a 50Hz one and a 60Hz one. ;) That's why I know there is an issue and that's why I am offering a bounty for getting it fixed. (Do you really think that they released to retail a game that ran too fast to the point of cutting off its own music, and other such issues? ;) )

It runs twice as fast no matter what, because the version of Snes9x (1.39) upon which Snes9x4P is based did not emulate the Super FX chip correctly back in the day.

Only if you have frameskip enabled.
No, it's a known and confirmed bug. It was fixed in a later release of the main branch of Snes9x, but the Pandora version is based off an older version that still had the bug.

Um... I DID compare it to an actual SNES. Didn't I mention this before? Without frameskip, Star Fox severely lags on the Pandora at 500 MHz, almost as much as the game naturally does on the SNES, which results in horribly slow sound. The speed is so close to what it is on the SNES that I misinterpreted it as a sound glitch when the problem was that I didn't have frameskip enabled:

http://boards.openpa...dpost__p__99425

Back