Gp2x.com Finally Updated

They still have that unreadable text located under the GP2X logo. I really wish I could work out what it says. And I'm sure I've seen several of the images on their site on other sites around the internet. <_<

nickspoon posted on Feb 20 2006 at 12:40 PM said:
How many entire countries do you think I can insult in one post?
The real question is, how many countries can you insult with one picture?

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't this company just hire one completely bilingual Korean/English interpreter?, because there are sooo many mistakes on the site, even in the default menu, they call stereo, Stero... Even the instructions on how to upgrade the firmware are hard to understand. They're a pretty big company right?, can't they just hire one person to oversea the language on the site?.

But it's a cool site!, well designed and i'm glad they gave us foreigners faster access to their page. :)

Aninhumer posted on Feb 20 2006 at 10:56 AM said:
And it now works in firefox :)

The last one was really wide and all the graphics were broken
Dingo_aus posted on Feb 20 2006 at 10:59 AM said:
Yeah, I used to love the fact that a Linux based console's website couldn't load in Firefox :)
The downloads section uses an ActiveX :angry:

Paradox posted on Feb 20 2006 at 12:32 PM said:
stupid cheesey lines like "We made it world first! And best!" "Pioneer,Spirit,Creativity,Passion - We will lead future trend" so lame, someone should inform koreans one day how silly that makes them look to the rest of the world, and to go easy on the damn flash

Gotta love the cheese!

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Feb 20 2006 at 06:28 AM said:
hedgehogs are rodents? learn something new every day...

Megaframe posted on Feb 20 2006 at 03:41 PM said:
Can't this company just hire one completely bilingual Korean/English interpreter?, because there are sooo many mistakes on the site, even in the default menu, they call stereo, Stero... Even the instructions on how to upgrade the firmware are hard to understand. They're a pretty big company right?, can't they just hire one person to oversea the language on the site?.

But it's a cool site!, well designed and i'm glad they gave us foreigners faster access to their page. :)
They have a total of something like 3 employees.

I like this website. I admire them for being so tenacious, really, and wanting to do it themselves.

And I think their little cheesy catchphrases are cool. =P I expect it's Korea's job to be esoteric and stuff. It's different to the way western companies work.

Also, they weren't lying about the system getting down due to lack of electricity.
http://img497.imageshack.us/img497/5596/getdown2zc.gif
Though I don't think the GP2x is a very good dancer. Will it damage my system? =o

Javacat posted on Feb 20 2006 at 08:53 AM said:
They still have that unreadable text located under the GP2X logo. I really wish I could work out what it says. And I'm sure I've seen several of the images on their site on other sites around the internet. <_<

That bothered me too since it's in the unit's screens as well. The fine print says:

Plays MPEG 4, XviD, DivX format digital contents up to 720*480 pixels and supports caption.
Watch vivid motion pictures on the high resolution 3.5" 260,000 colors TFT LCD.
CPU which has 2D accelerator enables you enjoy games anytime anywhere. Meet the exclusive GP2X games along with abundant home-brew games and retro games.

nickspoon posted on Feb 20 2006 at 05:40 AM said:
Koreans are silly. It's a well-known fact.

As are the French. And the Americans. And the Canadians. And the Chinese. How many entire countries do you think I can insult in one post?

Meh, good they've updated it.

Take off, eh!

22680208_7e5e0fcc53_m.jpg

nickspoon posted on Feb 20 2006 at 01:40 PM said:
Koreans are silly. It's a well-known fact.

As are the French. And the Americans. And the Canadians. And the Chinese. How many entire countries do you think I can insult in one post?

What, you're not insulting us, the Dutch, along with the rest? I'm insulted by your oversight.

You think their 'English' is bad, you should see the manual I got with my Chinese Minimoto, It's like they hired Yoda to translate. "Oil in the fuel you will, at 30:1 it will be. Use the force, Dave"

Ravnos posted on Feb 20 2006 at 07:05 PM said:
Go dance in your wooden shoes, Dutchy.

Ah, it's so pleasant to read the unilingual rants of someone
old enough to be more polite. Bob and Doug Mckenzie
would be proud, ya' hoser.

Aux moins que l'hollandais parle votre langue. :)

Some posters seem to have difficulty completing a sentence.
Is that just fashion or do they think that way?

crusty posted on Feb 20 2006 at 04:35 PM said:
Ravnos posted on Feb 20 2006 at 07:05 PM said:
Go dance in your wooden shoes, Dutchy.

Ah, it's so pleasant to read the unilingual rants of someone
old enough to be more polite. Bob and Doug Mckenzie
would be proud, ya' hoser.

Aux moins que l'hollandais parle votre langue. :)

Some posters seem to have difficulty completing a sentence.
Is that just fashion or do they think that way?

Someone forgot his sense of humour today.

I just signed up to the site... There's a "My Order" button at the top of the page... When you click on it the resulting page says "Fun And Fun! Multimedia Download Services Coming Soon~" and has three categories: Original Game, Multimedia, and Etc.

I guess this is how GP2X games will be purchased.

Back