fGB First Release

Seems quite a bit slower than GPVGB, although no graphical glitches, unlike GPVGB. With some optimizations, this should be an amazing emu. Anyone know what clock speed it runs at?

agree

To make it run at full speed with sound, I put the FS to 1, and for the video setting (the one that has 3 settings, I think it is the first option in the video options) I chose the second one.

The presentation on Ryleh's emulators is amazing. Its like it has been produced by a whole team of people to sell in shops...... The performance is as always brilliant aswell. I'd just like to say thanks very much for all the time and effort put in..... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

For perfect speed with sound I chose "frame limit" in the video options under synchronization and I chose frame skip 1.

where to put the roms ? i put them into gpmm but everytime i load the emu it scannes directories and crashes .. i renamed the roms from .gb to .rom. is that the cause ? i cannot put them on my gp when they have .gb as an extension -> needs 3 letters. help me i wanna enjoy this emu too :(

Vollgasasi posted on Oct 3 2003 at 08:26 PM said:
where to put the roms ? i put them into gpmm but everytime i load the emu it scannes directories and crashes .. i renamed the roms from .gb to .rom. is that the cause ? i cannot put them on my gp when they have .gb as an extension -> needs 3 letters. help me i wanna enjoy this emu too :(
Put them in the folder gb under the gpmm directory. Rename the extentions to .gbc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Renaming .GB > .gbc doens't work for me but fortanley renaming .GB to .SGB works perfet :D

Nice emu :D

Aside from slight speed issues and savestates (which don't work for me for some reason), its perfect.

Going to get stuck into Bionic Commando for a while :)

centrlink posted on Oct 3 2003 at 05:05 PM said:

Aside from slight speed issues and savestates (which don't work for me for some reason), its perfect.

What speed issues? It runs full speed (not more than full speed) with sound with me. Have you changed the video synch to frame limit and put FS on 1?

To bad save states doesn't work on Pokemon crystal also it takes about three second to go in/ou a buidling in pokemon crystal.

edit //
Save states seems to work @ Pokemon gold & all other games :p. I'm looking forward to the next beta :D

Azure posted on Oct 4 2003 at 04:05 PM said:
centrlink posted on Oct 3 2003 at 05:05 PM said:

What speed issues? It runs full speed (not more than full speed) with sound with me. Have you changed the video synch to frame limit and put FS on 1?
All GB games run full speed on FS 0, and a deal of GBC games run perfectly on FS 1. I've found a number, however, which run slow at FS 1. Mario Tennis for example, although when you turn off the music in game, it runs sweetly.

Another example is DKC - runs probably about 75% on FS 1.

For a first release, its fantastic, and it seems it only needs a bit of tweaking to be perfect, as one comes to expect with Rlyeh :)

centrlink posted on Oct 4 2003 at 12:05 AM said:

haha, bionic commando is brilliant!

Rico posted on Oct 2 2003 at 12:34 PM said:
A preliminary frame limiter is there but slows the game down too much! I think Rlyeh hasn't coded auto-frameskip before so he didn't want to include it in the public release.

On the emu side, it runs pretty much all of my collection and at a great speed. Nice work :)
It is in the release but is very slow. I would suggest looking at the source code of Little John to see how he did it, since that auto frame skip is flawless

The only time ive noticed any slow down is when theres heavy music use in the game, like the 2 Zeldas (Oracle/Season), at the start theres a tune meant to be someone singing, and its.... well its not like the game slows down, but the music does drag some, but its still perfectly playable

I love it, Wings of Fury and these Zelda's, couldnt ask for no more :D

Hi,
I think GBA has a batterybacked realtime clock. I realized that games which uses GBA's system clock (ie. pocket monster series) is hard to administer. Because of inaccurate speed of the emulator, system clock goes too fast or slow.

Maybe fGB needs a menu for adjusting clock.

What am I saying? it's a great emu with fantastic features!

thanks rlyeh! c===3

Back