Fcc/ce Testing... Passed!

mali said:
static.gif

nopompom.gif

i am not sure anymore

Last edited by a moderator:
r00tw00t said:
Who is this man (spaceballs3000) and why does it seem like he knows stuff about the pandora that he couldn't possible know if he ain't ED, Craig, or Mweston?

Well perhaps because I basing my information from their post(s), i.e.

craigix said:
Asmo said:
Wait... when was there an official FCC test?

NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN.

If I had the skills I'd make each of my words a link to a thread where it has been said before.

from --> http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/51175-fccce-testing-passed/page__view__findpost__p__792309

From that post, unless I'm reading it wrong (craigix can be hard to understand in his posts) has decided not to get an FCC ID.

Sorry If I misinterpreted him.

My understanding is, that if they are selling from the UK to US customers, they can't be sued for not having an FCC ID as they comply to European laws as an European company.

spaceballs3000 said:
r00tw00t said:
Who is this man (spaceballs3000) and why does it seem like he knows stuff about the pandora that he couldn't possible know if he ain't ED, Craig, or Mweston?

Well perhaps because I basing my information from their post(s), i.e.

craigix said:
Asmo said:
Wait... when was there an official FCC test?

NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN.

If I had the skills I'd make each of my words a link to a thread where it has been said before.

from --> http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/51175-fccce-testing-passed/page__view__findpost__p__792309

From that post, unless I'm reading it wrong (craigix can be hard to understand in his posts) has decided not to get an FCC ID.

Sorry If I misinterpreted him.

Yes and from the ED post I posted earlier it is said that the pandora falls into a catergory of equipment that does only require FCC compliancy meaning having the forms somewhere when it is asked for. And they have that.

mali said:
My understanding is, that if they are selling from the UK to US customers, they can't be sued for not having an FCC ID as they comply to European laws as an European company.

Sure I can agree with that, but device legal stance would stay the same. If it gets noticed by FCC, they might stop/hold future imports from them going into the USA. (though odds of this are low.)

Bosbeetle said:

Yes and from the ED post I posted earlier it is said that the pandora falls into a catergory of equipment that does only require FCC compliancy meaning having the forms somewhere when it is asked for. And they have that.

Are you talking about these forms from --> http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/48757-talk-with-a-real-fccce-certification-engineer/page__view__findpost__p__741945

FCC compliancy in this particular case, using the un-certified 802.11 module that the Pandora has, will end up needing a FCC ID to be legal in the USA.

It just needs to prove that it meets FCC compliance, if at any point they are asked they can prove it via the CE testing that was done. The document will contain all the relevant details that prove that it passes/meets FCC requirements.

They don't actually require to do FCC testing and registration. That was my understanding via ED I believe it was.

spaceballs3000 said:
FCC compliancy in this particular case, using the un-certified 802.11 module that the Pandora has, will end up needing a FCC ID to be legal in the USA.
MWeston said that the wifi chip has been certified. He said he had all the documentation to prove it. He got very defensive about it when someone said he was lying.
I can't find the post now, unfortunately. It was over a year ago :(

WizardStan said:
spaceballs3000 said:
MWeston said that the wifi chip has been certified. He said he had all the documentation to prove it. He got very defensive about it when someone said he was lying.
I can't find the post now, unfortunately. It was over a year ago :(

I aware of what MWeston said, I also have the same documentation, and it's not certified.
i.e. original discussion was here on it --> http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/48757-talk-with-a-real-fccce-certification-engineer

Back