Fcc/ce Testing... Passed!

Wait... when was there an official FCC test?

Asmo said:

NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN.

If I had the skills I'd make each of my words a link to a thread where it has been said before.

Last edited by a moderator:
Na-Noo said:
Asmo said:
CE testing was today

Yes, but the thread title and status update also say FCC passed.

craigix said:
NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN.

If I had the skills I'd make each of my words a link to a thread where it has been said before.

You'll appreciate then, that it is something approaching Witchcraft for it to have passed FCC, as per the update status :p

Congrats. I see that the tests focused on electric stuff.

Now drop Pandora from 2 meters on the sidewalk, and tell us if it breaks.

Then drop it 20 more times, and post photos ;)

EDIT: it's not that I want to see a destroyed Pandora. It's only that accidents happen, no matter how careful you are. So how many times I can drop it by accident.

I just red the official blog post. Very informational as always ;)

Congratulation on the Pandora passing CE :)
It's not like it was expected to fail but it's a very good thing it's finally done. One less thing to worry about.

Now it's only the cases and the the board populating (and the final assembly of course). I know the board did already start some time ago... Kind of wandering how many board of them are finished though.

I'm guessing it passed some of those tests by virtue of the (well designed) battery charging circuit. Spikes were buffered, static was grounded, all that jazz. This makes me feel very safe about the battery, something I was genuinely kind of concerned about. 4000 mah is a lot of stored energy, and it would suck if a sudden power outage or spike could cause it to rupture.

Asmo said:

ED(I think) said that CE testing is enough to cover both(if needed) or something along those lines. It was a while back so I don't know where the quote is. It was decided that there won't be a separate FCC test.

There wasn't actually any FCC testing. CE testing is stricter than FCC testing. You don't need any specific testing for the FCC, the issue is that should the FCC ask about the product, you need to provide documents proving that the device meets all the requirements. Having the results from the CE testing puts us in the clear with the FCC, apparently.

So, that checks off 'will it microwave' (yes, and other waves, but that doesn't sound as catchy).

And it blends, too. Shame about the camera tape running out JUST before the button is pressed ;)

Asmo said:
Na-Noo said:
Asmo said:
CE testing was today

Yea sorry mate I noticed that myself, just meant that it was the CE testing today.

I was sure it was going to pass but so nice just to have things that has to be done, being checked of the list. Very happy! :lol:

This is excellent news! One more line turned green on the status page. One less item that can hold up mass production. I'm really starting to believe we may actually see the Pandora shipped within a few weeks! Cheers to all! :lol:

Jumpman

Yeah, im very happy about this pass, i hope Michael Weston has the same luck whit the new Case, so the Mass Produktion can begin bevore End of Yeahr.. :lol:

jumping jehoshaphat! something actually went according to plan?

Back