Fbap

Squidge

Certified Guru
Website
Visit site
I will be updating this topic with progress of my Final Burn port, giving access to CPS-1, CPS-2, Toaplan, Neo Geo, Cave, and Misc roms in one emulator.

For now, here's a small video of the progress: It's kinda jerky, but the playback on the actual machine seems pretty damn smooth ™. As proof, here's a snapshot of the terminal the emu was launched from, showing the fps:

[Removed - See below]

and here's the video, rar'd. It's an MP4 taken by my phone, so don't expect mega quality :p

[Removed - See below]

Release notes:
Public versions will be released once per milestone (ish).
Private versions will be released as and when (ranging from daily to weekly, depending on how much work has been done).

sam fisher said:
Cool, but why did you rar it to get 7kb of space lol
because you can't upload mp4's - the board refuses them. Believe me, I tried to upload the mp4 first, before rar'ing it :p

sam fisher said:
Oh, there no file limit on uploads anymore either :)
Then why do I get the following:

"You have used 334.67k of attachment space for this post.
You have 665.33k left for this post."

;)

Last edited by a moderator:
For the beta testers amongst you, a new version is ready for download which now supports command line arguments, so you can choose the rom you want to load.

If anyone wants to test a couple of roms and report whether they work or not, and the fps at various parts of the rom, it would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot Squidge :) I tried 1941: Counter Attack and Saturday Night Slam Masters. 1941 loaded and played well (it looks like it could use some frameskip), and Slam Masters did not load. It may be because it's quite large (~8.5Mb) and 1941 is small (~1.5Mb).

This is very promising, thanks again for all your work!

It would be interesting to see if it worked on tv, so yes, sure :)

EDIT:
BTW, I've optimised/rewritten some parts of the emulator, and now the current (unreleased as of yet) version has a nice 10-40fps increase (depending on whats being emulated). This means that at times, emulation now hits the 100fps mark :D (previous maximum was 63fps).

Squidge, I promised myself I wouldn't bug you about this, but I just have to.

Will this play the early FB roms (Outrun, RailChase, GF2, Thunder Blade, Power Drift etc)?

I have this sneaking suspicion that FBA was a split off from FB which added various canned-beat-em-ups and abandoned the good stuff...

Is this the case?

D.

Dunny said:
Will this play the early FB roms (Outrun, RailChase, GF2, Thunder Blade, Power Drift etc)?
It'll play CPS1, CPS2, Toaplan, Neo Geo, Cave and some misc games. The games you describe above are not included in the supported game list. So your assumption is correct.

Expect a public release of this on the upcoming weekend. Either Friday night or Saturday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back