Fba2x - Finalburn Alpha Beta 7.2

duderoo said:
Is there any way to remap the buttons? Some games (like Street Fighter) would really benefit from the ability to remap the buttons.
Unfortunately, no (without editing and recompiling the source code). :(

It would be nice to be able to easily remap them, especially for the 6-button games.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a pity that only the service menu is now supported and not the dip switch adjustment for older games, or am I missing something there? :(

Regards,
Stephan

sbock said:
It's a pity that only the service menu is now supported and not the dip swich adjustment for older games, or am I mising something there? :(

Regards,
Stephan
Yeah, it seems it's only service mode. No dip switches.

nice work!
finally, WWF wrestlefest is get playable on GP2X!!
really thanks:)
and..
more neogeo games are playable now by using cache files,
it's great too.

Could someone post feedback on big neogeo games like Blazing Star ?

What about the PGM games, how do they run ?

Thanks

osn19 said:
Could someone post feedback on big neogeo games like Blazing Star ?

What about the PGM games, how do they run ?

Thanks
I haven't tried Blazing Star, but I did try a number of large NeoGeo games. They run correctly, but are slow. The more action that is happening on-screen (i.e. Metal Slug series), the slower it gets and can become unplayable at times. Fighting games and some of the other games are a bit more playable, due to having lesser sprites on-screen. Just use GnGeo2x instead; the only exception would probably be for raster games and those that won't run properly in GnGeo2x.

PGM games run similarly to the NeoGeo games. They are playable to an extent, but are slow.

Ok so let me get this straight,

I should use gnGeo2x for neogeo roms, but when should I use mame instead of finalburn and vice versa? I heard that punisher and captain commando run faster on fdinal burn for example.

I tried knights of valour which is a pgm game. seems to run alright but game itself didn't seem to be that great. I don't know if the other pgm games are any good.

[Emulator Guide]

use gngeo2x for neo geo games unless you have problems (sidekicks games, turfmasters, overtop for example) then try fba2x for ones that don't work. If it still doesn't work go for mame4all which has compatibility with tons of games but runs the slowest out of the three. sonic wings 2 and overtop are two games i only got to work right with mame4all.

for other games:

cps2: I'd personally use the dedicated emulator for that. you need cache files which fba2x doesn't need but seems to run best with that emulator and has more options and things like save states. though fba2x is still a good option and some prefer it due to not needing cache files (except some larger games maybe like i think the D&D games). Either way is good I mainly prefer the cps2 emu for save states.

cps1: fba2x all the way. runs fast as needed at 200. though mame4all will give you more options as its got pretty much all the mame features even things like game history if you have the file there. It does take a while to load but its there.

toaplan, cave games: fba2x

anything else: fba2x if it supports and works. mame4all if it doesn't. as mame4all is a pretty complete port it has tons of options if thats what you need.

hint: If you have problems with games in fba2x or gngeo2x especially sound problems you usually have to run them in mame4all with only the cyclone core which makes things slower.

I wonder why the NeoGeo games that use cache files are slow? It seems slow just like certain games do in GNGeo2x. Pulstar for instance has stuttering issues even in GNGEO2x. It doesn't matter if it's clocked at 200 or 280mhz. You get the same results. I know people get different results with faster SD cards in GNGeo2X. I remember Jycet posting some video of him playing Pulstar at 200mhz and it was silky smooth in the latest beta of GNGeo2X. I know games that have Rasters are handled way better in FBA2X though. From what I've played as long as the Neo Geo game isn't using cache files (the .fba) it plays 100% silky smooth for me. Minus larger Neo Geo games running slower, this release is amazing! Guwange in all it's glory! Not to mention Wrestlefest! Man I don't even remember how many quarters I pumped into that machine in the arcades. Thanks a bunch HOH!

Guwange runs pretty fast for me, but it always starts stuttering and then freezes my gp. Do i need to overclock to run it well?

nim said:
can't access my gp2x (mk2). how does ddp and esprade work on latest fba?
They run great! I OC to 245 though. They should run good at default settings though. I do have the sound at 22050 however. For Guwange I have the sound at default but I OC to 265. I can OC up to 280 stable since I have an early MK1. I rarely use that speed though. Only in MAME do I ever OC that high. Well SNES as well and PC98. Oh...and Amiga! =D

Does Head over Heels read the posts here?

Anyway, I'm getting similar results to the others here with Guwange.

I've overclocked to a moderate 240Mhz with RAM Timings on and sound at 11025hz.

It plays okay but the sound is stuttery and eventually it seems to freeze up. Possibly an issue with the caching mechanism?

Most other non-cache games I've tried seem to work well - brilliant emulator. It's gotta make the PSP-only owners envious! >:)

Truxton 2 works great. I noticed no problems. It would be nice to see some Dip swich support in the future. I love this game...

Regards,
Stephan

narmak said:
Guwange runs pretty fast for me, but it always starts stuttering and then freezes my gp. Do i need to overclock to run it well?
I've tried this interesting game overclocked at 266MHz, FPS varies between 30-60 so it is good playable. "Dodonpachi" plays Full Speed at 200MHz, I couldn't see, that Guwange is graphical or technical more advanced, maybe Dodonpachi uses a more effective Engine (???)

Oh, Guwange freezes to, at the first Boss in my case. Maybe a later FBA update could make this game run stable and fast as the other Cave Shooters?

Back