F200 + Official Cradle

xcen said:
EDIT:

LAMER NOTE: You have to turn USB HOST on o_O

lolz
The cool thing with the F200 (and I believe the MKII's also) is that it can power the cradle independently of any power source! It might drain your batts a little faster but its great for multiplayer or impulse TV-Outing on the go! Plus u only need to bring the AC adapter for your system rather than lug around another one just for the cradle.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's good news, I got the cheapest power adaptor from Argos, around £7, which was recommended on another thread to power it. Will this power the system AND the cradle then? Still waiting for my official one from PlaybloodyAsia!

I am using my MK2's AC on the F200, I haven't tried connecting ext HDD though...

As for the Cradle, the cradle itself specifies 5v 2a...but the power supply they sell for it is 5v 3a...

ao I thought it was safe to plug my dlink usb 2 hub's AC adaptor at 5v 2.5a (same polarity, same plug) and it seems to work fine, although the cradle does not power my F200... but I don't think it's supposed to?

Huh? The cradle doesn't power the GP2X? Isn't that a bit pointless?

I was kinda hoping when my cradle arrives I could hook it up using the adapter and start overclocking the F200 without worrying about bloody batteries...

EDIT: Read some other topics and I now know that the cradle is powered by the F200 itself...so ignore me!

xcen said:
My video out is missing more than a couple of lines on the right side...

+ whenever I plug USB devices I get weird hum from the '2X's speakers o_O
I've noticed this sound too - it must be something to do with the poor shielding within the cradle, the speakers are picking up the sound of the USB port operating.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, my guess was that if I used the RCA audio out cables I wouldn't have this problem... but I'm lazy =D (I was just testing out out, really... anywayz TV out isn't functional for me on the F200 at the moment, since it doesn't scale properly to my screen o_O)

Back