More Cradle Questions

vherub

Still Fresh
I read the wiki, I read a number of posts and am still not entirely clear about the cradle-gp2x power interaction.
What I think I know:

If you power the gp2x, this will also power the cradle for a usb controller if you have the mk2 version, but it will not be able to power a usb harddrive
If you power the cradle, it cannot power the gp2x, and it will either need to run on batteries or its own cord

Now the power cord for the gp2x is not compatible with the cradle, and there is no one cord that can power both units, nor is there an official cradle power cord.

So if i want to watch movies or play games on my tv, I would have the cradle, the gp2x mk2, an svideo and rca stereo cable, the gp2x power cord, and a usb controller. But if I wanted to use other usb devices/hdd, I would then also need a cradle power cord.

Is all this correct?
Since the cradle is relatively new, will there be an official power cord coming?
In the meantime, I understand the cradle requires 5v, 2a, but this seems difficult to come by (at least in the us), does anyone have any recommendations for getting this cord?

thanks

That is correct AFAIK, yes.
I ordered the universal AC adapter from EvilDragon's shop that fits both the GP2X and cradle (I got it for the cradle), but it is European. It shouldn't be too difficult to find an universal one and make sure you can switch it to 5V, center positive.

RadioShack has power convertors for Digital Camera's that supply the proper voltage, proper polarity and 2A... it's a biggun, and the plug is a little small (just big enough to work though). That was the best option I could find.

Back