Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wouldn't order any power accessories.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

AireTamStorm

Unix Addict
Website
Visit site
Disclaimer: Not putting any words in anyone's mouth here, I don't speak on behalf of CraigX or etc when I say any of this. It is merely a suggestion that requires some feedback. With that in mind:

I was thinking that it might not be a bad idea to get input on some extra stuff you might be able to order with a Pandora. All of the above are items that are easy to get a hold of or arrange (Like cafepress, etc) and would potentially add a little more revenue to the project.

This could also possibly be considered as an alternative or secondary way to contribute to the Developer Fund, and provide you with some tangible goodies as a reward. Everybody wins.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure I'd need the extra batteries. Pandora has pretty good battery life anyways.

Don't need a case; still got the case I use for my GP2X. It's a DS case from Gamestop, and it should be big enough for Pandora. However, I don't think I want to use a case - ruins the portability.

I would consider stickers, but probably not...

I think the developer fund $20 donation should've been on here.

I think this is a good idea. If people know they are getting ripped off on branded generic accesseries, it would be ok for the developer fund.

We were doing this for the company I work at. You can get a whole bunch of things branded with your company logo. So you can do the same thing with Pandora. Why not add the pandora logo to the following items and sell them for contribution to the development fund:
-SD Cards
-USB Keys
-Cases
-USB LED light. (The type you can twist around to face the keys.
-USB Digital TV (One that is tested to work)
-USB Classic Controllers.

You could do this with a partnership with one of the wholesalers or web distributers like dealexteme.

We could also add a bunch of useless stuff as well. Stickers would be pushing it, as the returns wouldn't be worth the effort. It's not like the 80s when you were excited to get stickers to put on your pencil case or whatever.

One thing I most certainly would like, would be some sort of external control module (most notably for MP3 playing)... Something USB, or that rides off the audio cable like some CD players do.

I remember reading in an ancient thread somewhere that such a thing was planned, though that was a long time ago and things tend to change. This is one thing that would make me go from begrudgingly using it as an MP3 player, to most certainly using it as an MP3 player, and loving it even more. Any up to date thoughts on this as far as the hardware devs are concerned?

If anything, I'd want an extra battery, but I'm already planning on rigging up an external charging bay if playing online Quake drains the battery faster than I'm expecting. I'm expecting the cables, but if a case of some kind was offered, I'd grab it up in a heartbeat; it's almost a necessity with all the traveling I do.

icurafu said:
I think this is a good idea. If people know they are getting ripped off on branded generic accesseries, it would be ok for the developer fund.

We were doing this for the company I work at. You can get a whole bunch of things branded with your company logo. So you can do the same thing with Pandora. Why not add the pandora logo to the following items and sell them for contribution to the development fund:
-SD Cards
-USB Keys
-Cases
-USB LED light. (The type you can twist around to face the keys.
-USB Digital TV (One that is tested to work)
-USB Classic Controllers.
This is kind of what I was getting at. Didn't know you could do SD cards, thats a damn good idea.These are the kind of things that I can see hovering my mouse over before hitting the checkout button.

I voted for backpacks and keychains. :) I'd like t-shirts, too, though.

Also, +1 for icurafu's list-of-stuff, especially the SD Cards and USB stuff.

Regarding "USB Classic Controllers" in particular, I was rather pleased to see, yesterday, that some new (or, if not new, then new to me :lol: ) SNES-styled USB gamepads have been showing up in the marketplace. Clicky. Might be nice to have something like that.

hey

I'm concerned about the people who would purchase extra batteries, ya know I think they deteriorate even if ya don't use them :p. Hmm, unless they plan to use them on something else.

I also think putting ya brand name on generic products isn't so smart, what if those generic products aren't of good quality and break easily? what will that say about the pandora and such?

BTW, I think a case would be cool :), but nothing expensive, hehe. Hmm, although the pandora is a clamshell design, so a case isn't needed to protect the screen and such :).

cyas

Fishbong said:
AFAIK the Pandora will ship with video cables.
If you throw this news in maybe this poll is leaning toward not buying anything.

I was always under the impression that it would come with the video cables, maybe because craigix keeps saying it.

Unless of course you mean the cables that run from the adaptor to the unit, but then I would buy them from monoprice.com because they are high quality and cheap on shipping.

I am a trifle confused as to whether I would be "purchasing" these items at the same shop as the Pandora.

Frankly I agree with yosh64, the GP2X accessories looked complete crap even in the pictures, didn't do well for their image. Let the people who specialize do cables (not that craig can't carry his own stuff, but only stupid people like MonsterCable care about branded cables, the rest of us just want decent quality cables. When I am not fashioning my own from raw wire, solder, pin headers and epoxy that is ;) .)

I dunno about a case, seems like the pandora is its own case. Might get scratched though. But again, let the case people worry about that, or strike a deal with a reputable company.

The problem I have is that any case that I would consider using would be well out of my price range.

Cheap stickers in large quantities could be great for free advertising! Get a hundred and stick them everywhere where it isn't illegal. B) Might even be a good idea to put a few in every Pandora box and instruct people to do just that.

I like the idea of branded (or even unbranded) USB gagets being sold with profits going mostly to the developer fund. I could use an LED flashlight or similar crap... ;)

I'm not interested much in spare batteries. We can charge via USB so external charging solutions would be the way to go. I've already got a Minty Boost which is awesome (because it takes AAs!) but probably a little slow for the Pandora. There are USB solar panels and lots of other stuff which could work well with the Pandora.

sd cards would be great :)

about stuff like stickers I'd think it wouldn't be strange to add quite a bit to their price as to make them more of a token for donation.
you could make different coloured stickers for the generosity level (lol) of the donation :p
something like durable round emblem-like stickers you could collect on the lid of your pandora for instance :)

perhaps would even project specific donation-stickers be sane? with the "<project name/logo> for pandora" on there?

and perhaps as an option instead of stickers, keychain-tokens :)

Back