Custom Pandora Case - Planning

Eisner

Still Fresh
I run a company that makes custom pinball covers. I am very use to making pouches, covers, etc...

I was thinking of designing a case ( soft shell ) to hold my Pandora and accessories. After some thought, I wondered if this might be something that the community would appeciate and if so, provide input into it's design.

I would appreciate any input or suggestions into it's design and function. If I get zero input then it will become obvious that this would not be something to pursue.

Cheers,

D)

Reposting my idea here to see if it'll spark any users that would also like something like this.

I never really understood a hard case for a hard object, seems to just add to the bulkiness of the thing. I always loved the neoprene case that came with my Logitech V270, its the somewhat stretchy "divers suit" material, so the case itself is just a bit smaller, and its zippered. I just toss my mouse into my backpack daily with all my other stuff and it provides great protection.

logitechV270_neopreneCase01.jpg

The Pandora version of this would be pretty similar to a typical neoprene laptop case I guess =)

As this is a really form-fitting kind of case, it might not be the best idea for holding other accessories, but I would think things like SD card holders could easily be sewn onto it.

-Origin

im not big on cases, but i would like something like this: http://www.laptoptravel.com/Product.asp ... &catID=974
i have a similar one for my laptop, and i love it - provides always on protection, and a small pouch for a few cords and adapters.
a pandora version might be too small for the zipper in the back to access the ports tho...
i would want some kind of handle, strap, or loop also.

I'm not saying you should make one, or if the following is of any use to you, but this thread reminds me of the best "case" I had for a handheld. It was a grey, one-piece rubber holster for the original Gamboy which not only protected the thing from a drop, but also provided a handy belt clip. The bottom of it looked like a big grey arse, but it was much more comfortable to hold than the relatively square Gameboy itself. I wish I could find a photo of that thing, it was great...

SteveM said:
I'm not saying you should make one, or if the following is of any use to you, but this thread reminds me of the best "case" I had for a handheld. It was a grey, one-piece rubber holster for the original Gamboy which not only protected the thing from a drop, but also provided a handy belt clip. The bottom of it looked like a big grey arse, but it was much more comfortable to hold than the relatively square Gameboy itself. I wish I could find a photo of that thing, it was great...
Heh, I didn't have one, but one of my friends had a similar thing. He loved it too. And I'd always argue with him about how bulky it was, especially after I got the GameBoy Light :lol: I always kept mine in a soft cloth bag. But then again, I have yet to meet someone thats more careful with their electronics than I am, so I guess thats why I don't appreciate bulkyness, even if it provides more protection :D

Snu said:
i would like something like this: http://www.laptoptravel.com/Product.asp ... &catID=974i have a similar one for my laptop, and i love it
Seems my picture isn't loading well off that crappy host, so I'll toss it on google sites or something in a sec, but you can have zippers in small cases :) That case is someone along the lines of what I want, though I don't exactly think its necessary to have the pandora and the case strapped together like that :)

-Origin

I try to imagine having a DS strapped to my hip when thinking of something like that. Provided the weight wasn't to bad, I would like something like that.

I like the idea of a "wet suite" case holder for my Pandora. I can't stand leather casings. And if I want a hard shell case I'd just get a Pelican case like the Pelican 1040 that I use to hold my mp3 and n810 when I go hiking or stuff in my backpack and don't have to worry about the contents being crushed.

The Pandora will be a close fit in the Pelican 1040. The next size bigger is Pelican 1060 and it'll have lots of extra space so it'll be bigger than it needs to be. Here's a picture of my DS in my Pelican 1040 to give you a size perspective.

Pandora dimensions from Wiki site are 140 x 83 x 27 mm
Pelican 1040 dimensions (inside the container) from their site are 165 x 98 x 44 mm

EDIT: added dimensions

Back