Extender V0.2

Quiest

I like turtles!
Hey all! Version 0.2 is done.

-new stuff:
+menu
+bit easier gameplay (more time & stock)
+more graphical effects
+removed the blue bonuses
+score calculation screen
+highscore table

-still missing:
+music
+own sound effects
+settings
+initial entry for highscores

**Attention**
You need to exit the game after playing, if you want your scores to be saved!!!
**Attention**

Download it here.

i tried this on gp2x before with both using the gp32 minigame project on gp2x and the earlier version and i wasn't especially into it. but i guess mainly because of the highscore table i am now addicted to this game. it is so much fun trying to get higher and higher combos and scores.

however, occasionally i get random crashes. i wish i could be more descriptive but i haven't noticed any pattern to the crashes. maybe a problem with fenix or the port of fenix, which is also something im trying to learn myself. i wish i could find a nice concise printable full command list with syntax however all the sites that have commands have it on all seperate pages for each command.

also, how is the port of the minigame project coming? as i said before i tried it before on my gp2x and it was a lot of fun even though there were some problems. the main problem that had me take it off my sd card was that i couldnt exit the game and had to turn off my gp2x to exit.

jbrodack posted on Apr 5 2006 at 06:18 AM said:
i tried this on gp2x before with both using the gp32 minigame project on gp2x and the earlier version and i wasn't especially into it. but i guess mainly because of the highscore table i am now addicted to this game. it is so much fun trying to get higher and higher combos and scores.

however, occasionally i get random crashes. i wish i could be more descriptive but i haven't noticed any pattern to the crashes. maybe a problem with fenix or the port of fenix, which is also something im trying to learn myself. i wish i could find a nice concise printable full command list with syntax however all the sites that have commands have it on all seperate pages for each command.

also, how is the port of the minigame project coming? as i said before i tried it before on my gp2x and it was a lot of fun even though there were some problems. the main problem that had me take it off my sd card was that i couldnt exit the game and had to turn off my gp2x to exit.

Hey thanks for the feedback ^^ atleast someone trying to be helpfull to the non-emu-coders... :)

Okay, yes, the crashes are Fenix port related, so I can`t do nothing about it, they are just plain randomly. :(

And as soon as Pick2099 releases his new fenix beta, I will do a few more changes to the Minigame Project (to have it running as stable as possible) and release a GP2X version. :)

The only nearly complete Fenix documents I know of are the Command Docs and Language Reference on www.flamingbird.com, however, they are as you said, on seperate pages. But it`s atleast helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds good - not had a chance to try this out, but I'll fling it on an SD for later next time I'm fiddling with one; 0.1 was very fun :)

Idd, for anyone too impatient to wait for a stable officially released minigame project, it works perfectly well if you download the GP32 binary and then modify one of the scripts from the GBAX2006 compo to point towards the .dcb instead of whichever place it was pointing towards. Took me about 3 tries, due to idiotic typos, to get it right, but I do now have a working minigame project on 2x :D

Tobriand posted on Apr 10 2006 at 05:57 PM said:
Sounds good - not had a chance to try this out, but I'll fling it on an SD for later next time I'm fiddling with one; 0.1 was very fun :)

Idd, for anyone too impatient to wait for a stable officially released minigame project, it works perfectly well if you download the GP32 binary and then modify one of the scripts from the GBAX2006 compo to point towards the .dcb instead of whichever place it was pointing towards. Took me about 3 tries, due to idiotic typos, to get it right, but I do now have a working minigame project on 2x :D

it works but not perfectly

Tobriand posted on Apr 10 2006 at 11:57 PM said:

Nice to hear that some people are really impatient to play the Minigame Project :D but you should really wait for the 2X version, as I`m trying to polish some sprites, get rid of a lot of bugs that crash the 2X and have some games working that don`t even work yet (Maniac Race, Space Survival) as well as adding some new minigames :D Oh, and working music ;) after playing some games a few minutes, they begin to lag very badly because of the mod music. The 32 version on the 2X really is far from perfect...

Back