EXT connectors

a link for link :)
He's still talking about the TV cables. While the EXT connectors here can be used to make TV cables, I'm pretty sure the people buying them are mostly interested in the other things it can offer. I know I am. I'm still on pre-order for an official TV cable, even though I want a few dozen of these, too.

I PMed. I'm sure I would find a use for one or two but I am really rusty at soldering so I better take 5.

Awesome guys. Currently standing at about $400 pledged! Almost enough for a full order.

Can someone say something in the German forum? Thanks!

and some1 should offer to make the cables and ship them for a fee?? volunteers?? also this person should have a pandora and do LOTS OF QC to get it right! maybe even make us wait two months so we get our new op tv out cables as well as our 3rd party pandora tv out cables, it will be magical!

also, PMed

and some1 should offer to make the cables and ship them for a fee?? volunteers?? also this person should have a pandora and do LOTS OF QC to get it right! maybe even make us wait two months so we get our new op tv out cables as well as our 3rd party pandora tv out cables, it will be magical!

also, PMed

Got a PM from me as well :)

I think 3 for some general hacking (the first to completely mess up with non-existent soldering skills ... -ahum-) should be enough for me ..

Oh, and for shipping you could maybe find people local to each other. It may not be expensive, but can save quite some as well.

At least I know there are quite some Pandorians from NL, so sending to one or two of them to spread it locally could be beneficial.

Or any other idea you might have.
In the german forum came up the idea to convince EvilDragon to order them to have it on stock then for the german shop.

So a bigger number could be ordered/paid by one person "overseas" to you, to keep the administration-overhead small.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the german forum came up the idea to convince EvilDragon to order them to have it on stock then for the german shop.

So a bigger number could be ordered/paid by one person "overseas" to you, to keep the administration-overhead small.
ED hasn't responded to any requests to order them, and Craig has been "I have to talk it out with the others" for months. We'd have had them by now if Craig or ED had just said "no, can't do it" and we'd ordered them ourselves first thing. Instead we've been waiting on "maybe they will". I don't want to wait anymore on the potential of a promise.

ED hasn't responded to any requests to order them, and Craig has been "I have to talk it out with the others" for months. We'd have had them by now if Craig or ED had just said "no, can't do it" and we'd ordered them ourselves first thing. Instead we've been waiting on "maybe they will". I don't want to wait anymore on the potential of a promise.

Glad to hear it's at $400. I will have the funds in 2 weeks if you haven't reached the target by then, as I don't want to see you out of pocket. My offer from the PM still stands :)

Uh, didn't know that. So this makes your decision even more understandable!

I'm talking to some users on the german forum about this in the moment, and user andymanone even came up with an alternative TV-Out-solution of his own.

See this thread (pictures and video included) for more details.

So what would be your deadline for receiving orders from users?

I'm talking to some users on the german forum about this in the moment, and user andymanone even came up with an alternative TV-Out-solution of his own.

See this thread (pictures and video included) for more details.
Hah, soldering to the board is certainly in the spirit of the project, I'll grant that :D

So what would be your deadline for receiving orders from users?
However long it takes to get as close to 700 as possible.

Reading the first post I don't think ordering in thousand off quantities is the best way around it as I'm sure there are companies who stock these parts however rare they may be.

Within 10 minutes of just searching in the UK alone I found a company that has a minimum order of 110 units at 43p each HERE and I'm sure with a bit of extra searching you can find plenty of other retailers who keep stock and either have smaller minimum orders or lower prices in the quantities needed. I mean at that price I may as well just buy the minimum order and start selling tv-out cables myself!

I just think that ordering many hundred more than you ever expect to sell isn't the best way to do things.

Within 10 minutes of just searching in the UK alone I found a company that has a minimum order of 110 units at 43p each HERE
I did indeed find several places that list lower minimum order quantities, and every time I put in the order I would get a response saying that they don't have the part in stock and the manufacturer has a minimum of 2200 parts. Most were unwilling to split the box, meaning we'd have had to take the full 2200. 6 months ago, onlinecomponents told me they'd break the box and sell me 500, but someone else had already volunteered to buy the lot and distribute them, so I didn't. Then that person dropped off the face of the internet. Now onlinecomponents is telling me they'll split the box at 1000 pieces. Regrettable, but that's the way it falls. For completeness, I'll contact this company as well, but I don't hold much hope.

PM sent

iIs there a thread in the old forum? I dont come over here that often so didnt know about it till now ~ may be others in the same situation

What is the purpose of the EXT cable when we have a host USB 2.0 port? Or does this have something to do with TV OUT?

Back