EXT connectors

I have them, yes the site is down. Engineers are still working on the issue, hoping the site will be back up sometime this week.

I have Tiny BoBs & EXT together for $3 plus $2 shipping. You only pay the shipping once, so if you want multiple sets of EXT/Tiny BoBs, you don't pay the $2 shipping everytime. PM me how many you would like with an email address and I'll send you an invoice from Google Checkout. Overseas shipping add $2.00

Sorry for the issues regarding http://www.ithic.com but its beyond my control at the moment.

That can be frustrating when problems are out of your control. I PM'ed you my information and order.

Thanks,

Chris.

It's come to my attention that the guide for making the TV-Out cables is no longer available. Instead of uploading it again to a hosting service that will combust again after a few months, you can just PM me. I'll see if I can find a more permanent location for it as well.

Hey, I've ordered some connecters and tinybob. Anybody have any idea the cheapest place to get the cable with the correct connectors on one end i.e. composite, svideo, line out?

Or, does anybody know if Peca is still making cables. I'm trying to rush as I want to take it on my honeymoon in just over 3 weeks. many thanks

Also, anybody got the link to that guide, looks like the mediafire links are all down. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried to load the last posted gerber files on our pcb-mill pc, but it crashed the program :unsure:

Hey, I've ordered some connecters and tinybob. Anybody have any idea the cheapest place to get the cable with the correct connectors on one end i.e. composite, svideo, line out?

Or, does anybody know if Peca is still making cables. I'm trying to rush as I want to take it on my honeymoon in just over 3 weeks. many thanks

Also, anybody got the link to that guide, looks like the mediafire links are all down. :(
You can just buy a cable with that connection off of ebay for a few dollars or so, and then it's just a matter of soldering everything together correctly.

I'll post a link when the guide is up in the file archive.

Also Gruso, the link you posted gives me a 403 Forbidden error. http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/pandora.cgi seems to work fine, though.

OK, the guide can be download for the rest of eternity from here.

Also, can someone update the wiki page, I'd do it myself but I'm on a 28k connection atm and it's killing me. You'll know when you see the page because the line that links to my guide has a strikethrough across it.

EDIT: It occurred to me that now that the upload system has been fixed for the forums, I could also just upload one to this thread, which should appear below.

guide.pdf

Attachments

• guide.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 248
I tried to load the last posted gerber files on our pcb-mill pc, but it crashed the program :unsure:

Ok, I tried to open/fix these files (Pand-EXT-portv0.3) in kicad but they are really completely fucked (and I have no idea how to use this software properly).

If anyone can fix these files to be proper that would be awesome!

I've been scanning the Internet trying to track down sources of the EXT connector. What really concerns me is that lots of sites are saying that the manufacturers have either discontinued the part, or are about to do so.

The consequences are obvious - we all have Pandoras with a redundant connector :wacko: I would hope that the Production Team will be making some effort to acquire any remaining connectors before they disappear for good so that we can purchase them centrally, rather than relying on conscientious members to collect and distribute them at their own initiative (for which I personally congratulate them).

Another possibility might be for the Pandora Team to contact the firm and ask if they could make a special production run so that we have enough connectors to last us until Pandora2 ships.

I would appreciate any comments and replies from EvilDragon or the rest of the team.

I believe it was said sometime ago that OPT already bought thousands of these connectors for the TV out cables already.. Their issue is finding someone to make consumer grade cables at a reasonable price. Buying direct from a supplier you generally need to make a large purchase.. Wizardstan did such an order and sold them individually to the Pandora community..

@Polygon - couple places to quickly buy an EXT connector.. ED shop (Germany): https://www.dragonbo...placement-parts Links shop (US): http://ithic.com/en/...-op-accessories

yea there are still aton of ext con. and can still order but think 1k is the min order i just wish we had some more tiny-bobs around they made making cables soo dam easy

ED's shop sells ext connectors:

https://www.dragonbo...-stecker-1.html

Except that he's disabled some parts of the shop while he's having a break. Apparently he'll be back Friday/Saturday. I'm pretty sure they're in stock really :)

Back