Pyra Exclusives and paid games

Would you buy a game that was custom developed for GNU/Linux ARM computers?

• Yes, but only if the game code was Free Software

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Yes, but only if the game code and assets were Free Software / Culture

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Yes, but only if the game was exclusive to the Pyra + Pandora

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Yes, but only if the game was exclusive to GNU/Linux more generally

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Yes, but only if the game was on physical media (SD Card)

• No, under no circumstances

• Yes

Votes: 16 72.7%

• Total voters

veloknight

Still Fresh
This is mostly just an idle fantasy, but I've started work on a number of games over the years, and sometimes fantasize about finishing one as an indie exclusive/priority release to support some platform I'm fond of. I'm wondering, what would you think of someone went and did it. Would you pay for a game that's been tailored specifically to Linux ARM devices and the Pyra especially? How much?

My answer isn't there. Possibly, if the game appealed to me and performed well on whatever device(s) I wanted it for.

There is no "yes" whiteout a prefix. I just wanna say yes xD I do prefer if they are GPL or a GPL compatible license.

There are already a few commercial games for the Pandora - based on that I'd say there is not a lot of interest to pay for a game.
https://repo.openpandora.org/?page=all&s=new&rt=com
Game that sold best KAMI RETRO sold 144 (price 1.99 GBP)

You can also make an entry for the next coding competition - pretty sure ED will organize one for the Pyra after it is launched.

I have never bought a game off the repo, as none of them seemed like a game I'd like to play. I definitely would if a game I wanted was there.

I have bought commercial games that opened their sources and later had Pandora ports, for example Jedi Outcast and Eldritch. In fact the only reason I bought them was in order to play them on Pandora/Pyra.

No is an option? I mean, why not? If you don't want just don't pay, what's the point?

I choose "Yes", but for now I didn't see priced games that interested me on the repo
You really should get VVVVVV if you didn't get it way back in the humble bundle. The other Terry Cavanagh game (Super Hexagon) is good as well, but more of a bite sized mobile game, while VVVVVV has a story and everything.

Back