Release Evopedia

Mr. rob, did you upgrade or fullflash the hotfix?

Maybe it is not included anymore, since midori is missing in the newest hotfix.

Then this is Just strange, Cyberworm, is libwebkit present in your system at all?

Ok, I can add that, but I am not sure, why it is missing on his system.

Nobody else seems to have problems with it.

Ah, and my info was bad. libwebkit was in my backups; I just checked my Pandora now with HF6 (that's pure, I never ever install packages on this one; I have an SD card for dev-work) and I don't have it either. So maybe they nuked it in HF6 and you just have it from development?

Could be... So, well, I need to include it as it seems...

I don't have my pandora here to fix it right now, but a temporary solution would be to download the package from angstromrepo and put the files in a folder called "lib" in the appdatadirectory of evopedia.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope it can be used with this program and not only the dumps, that are downloadable through the program.

Works! Is it possible to link Midori to this and open the Evopedia pages in a tab in my regular Midori PND? Maybe with pnd_run or something?

You can try that. If midori is installed on nand, it should be no problem. If you have it in pndform, you could try to select other program from list and enter the command yourself.

If you need the selectionmenu again, delete the xfce4 folder from the evopedia appdatadir.

New version 0.4.0.2: Fixed bug, that the browser doesn't start on fresh HF6 install. Included libwebkit, what made the pnd a bit larger unfortunately.

It's working now and it's great :D . All we need now is a way to navigate using the digipad. Forwards / Backwards = right / left and Page Up / Down = Up / Down. Maybe some other mappings, too.

I had a look and there are some keybindings configurable in the appdata/evopedia/uzbl/config file. I just had no luck with applying them to the browser itself... No clue, why it doesn't work.

Will see, if I can figure that out. Maybe i will just include another small browser with the pnd.

Thanks a lot for this port, mcobit, runs really well.

As stated by Darkknight512 in the comments the repo, you can use any browser with evopedia, just start evopedia and your favourite browser and point your browser to the following address while evopedia is still running:

http://127.0.0.1:8080

The reason why keys do not works on uzbl seems to be because the plugins are not loaded properly, at least that's what I get from the uzbl FAQ:

Help, Uzbl isn't responding to any of my keyboard commands!
If the left side of the status bar says [] instead of [Cmd] when you start uzbl-browser, then the event manager isn't starting or its plugins aren't loading.

If you're an Arch user, you should edit /usr/bin/uzbl-{event-manager,tabbed} and change the first line of each to #!/usr/bin/env python2.

If you're trying to run uzbl without installing it, you should launch uzbl-event-manager yourself with the --plugin-dir=DIR option pointing to the location of the event manager plugins (they're in examples/data/plugins/)

Back