Release HTTrack - Website Copier

PowerGod

Forum Addict!
HTTrack is a free (GPL, libre/free software) and easy-to-use offline browser utility.

It allows you to download a World Wide Web site from the Internet to a local directory, building recursively all directories, getting HTML, images, and other files from the server to your computer. HTTrack arranges the original site's relative link-structure. Simply open a page of the "mirrored" website in your browser, and you can browse the site from link to link, as if you were viewing it online. HTTrack can also update an existing mirrored site, and resume interrupted downloads. HTTrack is fully configurable, and has an integrated help system.

HOW DOES IT WORK:

- Launch the PND and don't close the window

- Open a browser and go to "localhost:8080" if you are using it from the pandora, else go to "<pandora-ipaddress>:8080", example "192.168.0.2:8080"

- To stop the server just close the HTTrack PND window

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=httrack-powergod&dp=true

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay, the offline internet! ^_^

But seriously, this can be incredibly usefull, especially in combination with the Pandora! Thanks a lot, I will test it tomorow.

Yeah, the Internet in a pocket !! :D

Because I compiled it many weeks ago, I found there is a newer version, so if I don't find issues I'll update soon.

I have also in schedule to make use of the console interface, but I have to find out how to make it useful for remote administration in a PND, because I can open a terminal only on the first call...

Trying it out now on my own website. seems to work great, but if you open the additional settings menu it starts downloading in that window. so does this mean you get two downloads, or does it only download once, but show 2 views of the process?

Edit* took a closer look at it, and seems to just be two views on the same download.

@iridepolarbears: the server can work only on one project at a time, so what you see on the browser is just the current situation on the started project (even if you connect to the server with different browsers at the same time)

As an example, I made it store lazyfoo.net/tutorials/SDL_tutorials. It took 25 minutes scanning 894 links and writing 868 files summing up to 25MB. That is quite a lot of stuff^^ *

For reference, Jumanji was used as browser and it's a CC unit overvlocked to 900MHz.

Question: I gave it a base directory called "websites" then created a category "programming" and called the project "sdl-tutorial" - the first and the latter in quotes were created, but there's no folder "programming" inbetween - am I expecting the wrong thing to happen?

* looks like It also grabbed the OpenGL tutorials and a lot more stuff

I don't know what is the purpose of the "category", I never used them and I can't even find info about them

EDIT: the category just appears in the list of your downloaded projects, to separate the entries

I don't know what is the purpose of the "category", I never used them and I can't even find info about them

EDIT: the category just appears in the list of your downloaded projects, to separate the entries
Yup just found out aswell, thanks :)

Great stuff, very handy tool.

Edit: Okay , I tried two times rambling about some unrelated issues I have experienced with file links from http pages but since this not-so-awesome forum software doesnt want to have me add file-colon-slash-slash to my post it just deletes what I typed without a warning. Hate you, ip board.

Back