Release Emulators - online?

^wl

Still Fresh
Hello everyone,
I've been wondering if and how possible a network / online feature would be for dev's to include it in their emulators. For example, ZSNES is opensource and has got it's online possibilities (up to two players only, but hey) and with the wifi possibilities in the pandora imagine how awesome it would be to battle other pandora gamers in a superb round of mario kart or such ^_^ (or even better, including a very standard irc client into the emulator so people could arrange a game right there and then "jump right off" but that's probably asked too much for the beginning)

So.. any chance for that dream to ever come true?

Also, what about the online possibilities of other games? I've heard Quake 3 Arena is possible? What about Doom 95 (it had a fun coop mode!) or probably Command and Conquer Red Alert on DosBox? Any other games that could be possible?

TINXL sounds quite promising! I'll hope for the best.
I have not yet decided if i'll get one pandora, but if online gaming becomes a major factor in the pandora 'scene' i'll almost definitely get one (from the second batch).

I think TINXL has the potential to be the most awesome thing ever
I hope it's something to look forward to

And what would be better than Super Smash Brothers (64) tournaments? Well, a lot of things (world peace), but that would be pretty cool nevertheless.

I would probably die (and then buy it) if they ported versions of Heroes of Might and Magic onto this baby (though now I see that Heroes III was actually ported over to linux which gives me hope). I've always dreamed of playing Heroes III on a hanheld...

Back