Release Ragnarok Online Pocket Server

Coldbird

Archangeling.jpg

I've thought I would do my first contribution to the Pandora Scene now that the weekends starting.

I've compiled and packed for you guys the latest eAthena Ragnarok Online Server Trunk.

For those that don't know, Ragnarok Online is a MMORPG you can play on Windows / Linux (via Wine), this is the opensource server to it. :D

This is very nice for LAN-Parties or School Lunch Break gaming with friends.

Hook the Pandora to your network, boot up the server and play with your friends locally (or over the internet if your router has the right ports forwarded to your Pandora), once you are done, just stop the server and all your achievements and those of your friends are saved on your Pandora.

If you intend to mod the eAthena NPC Scripts, Map Configurations, etc. check the Appdata Folder, it has all the configs you will need to do your own proper Ragnarok Online Server.

Beware of the included standard config however! It loads all maps, scripts, etc. it's a FULL Ragnarok Online Server.

The average RAM use of this full config is about 240MB, so swapping WILL occur, for private gaming with a few friends however you will hardly notice anything ingame. ;)

EDIT: Repacked 22nd January 2010 with static recompile of the server. Now runs on vanilla Pandoras.

DOWNLOAD PND HERE

Going to upload to the App-Store once I get my Upload-Permission.

Last edited by a moderator:
If someone could test this on a "fresh" Pandora I would be very happy. I think I forgot to include the pcre library.

EDIT: Yep, missing PCRE library, repacking it right now with a statically linked version so it runs on vanilla Pandoras.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just registered to comment on this. =)

For me, it's sadly not working. I copied the pnd over to my SD card and Start Ragnarok is shown, but my Pandora is just doing nothing then, the left LED is blinking, though.

Do I need some files of the official client server, too?

I really want to get this working, I played Ragnarok for many years and would enjoy a LAN version of it. :)

Thanks.

I wouldn't mind checking it out, however the link you have provided is dead, do you have a more current link?

If it works, could you reupload it please?

It'll be awesome if RO works opn panroda !

If I recall from my days playing RO (many years ago), OpenKore is a program that emulates the Ragnarok Online client and allows use of macros and other automated activities - it's a bot for RO. I don't know how to use it, but I know it's strictly prohibited on official RO servers. It looks like the runtime available in the repo will allow you to run OpenKore from the Pandora.

Back