Emulator brings x86 Linux apps to ARM devices

Ok, perhaps I'll send them an email explicitly asking what needs to be done, because I'm interested in playing with it but not if I have to buy it again in 6 months when I get my Pyra *knock on wood*

It's a shame they put this DRM in it. It's giving me trouble too, and honestly I think they should remove the key system entirely.

Uhmm a question here for anyone ...is there a time limit for the key ?

i saw on the email that the key is valid from a range of numbers...but i don't understand the numbers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well my first key I waited over a month before activating it.

Uhmm a question here for anyone ...is there a time limit for the key ?

i saw on the email that the key is valid from a range of numbers...but i don't understand the numbers.
If I interpret the numbers in my key correctly, it is valid until midnight January 1, 3000.

Note to self: don't deliver any pizza to cryo labs.

Is anyone playing with USB printers here? I tried to install drivers for mine, but cupsd fails to run:

Code:
[27985.746551] usb 2-2: new high-speed USB device number 2 using ehci-omap
[27985.904388] usb 2-2: New USB device found, idVendor=04e8, idProduct=330f
[27985.904418] usb 2-2: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
[27985.904418] usb 2-2: Product: ML-2160 Series
[27985.904418] usb 2-2: Manufacturer: Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
[27985.904449] usb 2-2: SerialNumber: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
[27986.199096] usblp0: USB Bidirectional printer dev 2 if 0 alt 0 proto 2 vid 0x04E8 pid 0x330F
[27986.200317] usbcore: registered new interface driver usblp
[27999.658935] cupsd: unhandled page fault (11) at 0xab77d000, code 0x017 (read)
[27999.658935] cupsd: pc=ab8ec308 (ubt_x32a32_al+ec308), lr=ab8ec304
[28004.413055] cupsd: unhandled page fault (11) at 0xab77d000, code 0x017 (read)
[28004.413085] cupsd: pc=ab8ec308 (ubt_x32a32_al+ec308), lr=ab8ec304

OpenGL should work with indirect rendering. I have tested halflife in exagear on arm board with xserver on intel pc by wifi, i have got 30fps and higher. But it only can work with opensource opengl dri or gallium drivers like xf86-video-intel. Or Xming/Xwin on machine with opengl support So if you write windowed xserver like Xephyr with opengl support like in Xwin (source code is availiable in xserver tree), you will be able to use opengl with hardware acceleration in exagear.

OpenGL should work with indirect rendering. I have tested halflife in exagear on arm board with xserver on intel pc by wifi, i have got 30fps and higher. But it only can work with opensource opengl dri or gallium drivers like xf86-video-intel. Or Xming/Xwin on machine with opengl support So if you write windowed xserver like Xephyr with opengl support like in Xwin (source code is availiable in xserver tree), you will be able to use opengl with hardware acceleration in exagear.
Are you an exagear dev?

Sounds good ;)

Will try to install the Opensource Gallium Drivers onto my Exagear RootFS @ Home on my Dev Card.

And then have i Intel OpenGL Acceleration?

With that can i maybe recompile then Wine itself with Exagear and

When that work have we 3D on Wine with Exagear?

Sound very Good,maybe i get some Progress with it soon in my Holiday here ;)

Did anyone get the "Activation failed" message from actool yet? My copy isn't working anymore. I've contacted eltech support, hope they will be able to help. I had to re-activate exagear several times on my Pandora, did anyone else?

Did anyone get the "Activation failed" message from actool yet? My copy isn't working anymore. I've contacted eltech support, hope they will be able to help. I had to re-activate exagear several times on my Pandora, did anyone else?
Followup: I contacted eltech support who told me that several unique numbers are used by actool to identify the host, including wlan MAC address and disk ID of the volume where exagear is installed. As I've bought a new 64GB SD recently, the cause was clear, and after setting the disk ID on the new card to the same value as my old SD had, my exagear started to work again (or maybe the tech support had reset my data without telling me so explicitly, which contributed to getting my exagear to work)

So you'd better backup your disk ID if you use exagear, as reformatting your card (to the point where MBR is overwritten) will reset than number to a new random value.

Yes, and I finally managed to play HoMM3 on my pandora using that omapfb driver I was working on. I will package it for the repo soon, so that installing exagear, wine and setting up virtual 800x600 resolution will make your pandora Heroes3-ready =)

Edit: the version from loki also runs, and is much faster. Here's the one I have, I wonder if there is a newer, more advanced version.

Heroes of Might and Magic III Linux 1.2
Built with flags: -DUNIX
Built with glibc-2.1 on Nov 11 1999

Are you an exagear dev?
No, i just obtained it for my tablet.

Eltechs will make own opengl acceleration mechanism wih direct rendering. Look at "proxy" code in glshim.  It seems that it they will make dynamic executable that can load egl driver on and use all opengl functions directly.

But now you only can use ipc to make graphics harware accelerated. For example, xorg with AIGLX. But problem is that there is no support of AIGLX in most of drivers availiable on arm devices. We need to make aiglx shim-driver that can use GLES libraries or windowed x-server with AIGLX support.

Both ways re very difficult because of pure documentation and dri abstrction of glx everywhere in xorg.

Sounds good ;)

Will try to install the Opensource Gallium Drivers onto my Exagear RootFS @ Home on my Dev Card.

And then have i Intel OpenGL Acceleration?

With that can i maybe recompile then Wine itself with Exagear and

When that work have we 3D on Wine with Exagear?

Sound very Good,maybe i get some Progress with it soon in my Holiday here ;)
Only if drivere support AIGLX.

You don't need to install any drivers in ExaGear root, just only libgl1-mesa-glx library to use.

You need to install gallium/dri2 driver on arm host, if such driver is present (freedreno? i don't know i any gpu with opensource driver exist on arm). You can try to run glxgears/glxinfo from other machine/exagear/arm host with set LIBGL_ALWAYS_INIRECT=1, and if it work, opengl in wine must work too.

Yes, and I finally managed to play HoMM3 on my pandora using that omapfb driver I was working on. I will package it for the repo soon, so that installing exagear, wine and setting up virtual 800x600 resolution will make your pandora Heroes3-ready =)
any progress on that ? and did you get any sound ? 

Well, I managed to find a HoMM3 version from loki which runs under exagear without wine. It runs fullspeed with all the videos (and since it doesn't use XV driver, 800x600 panning works perfectly even when playing videos). Still no audio though, I get this error for which I didn't find a workaround:

SNDCTL_DSP_GETFMTS: Invalid argument
Couldn't open audio: Couldn't get audio format list
Anyone familiar with ALSA has a hint for this?

Most likely you need OSS. /dev/dsp is the OSS audio device. And in my experience, Loki's other ports use OSS.

Back