Release Emu EX Plus Alpha ported to the Pandora

Rebirth, but I guess that shouldn't affect anything.

Also, GBC, not GBA, i haven't tried the GBA one as i'm also using gpsp for that ;)

I am having some issues with those emus (at least GBC and SNES) on my CC Pandora. I suppose this is related to the GPU drivers, but I couldn't find one that works properly. Basically it seems that a portion of the screen gets updated slightly later than the rest of the screen (the top right quarter of the screen). So this is not exactly tearing, since it is related to a square area, but it looks similar. Can you have a flawless experience with those emus on a CC Pandora please?

The right corner screen tearing is now fixed!

Thank you so much for the updates!

Thank you so much ptitSeb! Actually I was quite excited by Seldon's report about the tearing fix. So I downloaded the latest version, and indeed the tearing was fixed (for example in the GBC emu)! A huge improvement!

However, when I ran the GBC emu again, the tearing reappeared! Very strange, since I was indeed sure it had gone last time I had launched it. Now every time I launch it, the tearing is there again, even after a reboot. I'll try to investigate more, and see if this tearing may have another cause.

Thanks for the great work!

(btw, do you think it could be possible to remove the vertical dotted line on the top right corner of the screen, obviously coming from the Android version? It is useless on the Pandora since the space bar can bring the menu, and it would be less annoying for people who like full screen games)

Edit: ok, I have a pattern. If the config file exists in the corresponding appdata folder of the GBC emu, the tearing is back. If I delete it, the tearing will be gone on the next launch. When I quit, the config file is recreated again, and from this moment, all future launches will have tearing. I hope it will help fix this issue once and for all, because those emus are really good. Thank you! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
To get rid of the vertical dotted line in the top right you have to go to the on-screen input setup options and change the blend amount to 0.

Thank you so much ptitSeb! Actually I was quite excited by Seldon's report about the tearing fix. So I downloaded the latest version, and indeed the tearing was fixed (for example in the GBC emu)! A huge improvement!

However, when I ran the GBC emu again, the tearing reappeared! Very strange, since I was indeed sure it had gone last time I had launched it. Now every time I launch it, the tearing is there again, even after a reboot. I'll try to investigate more, and see if this tearing may have another cause.

Thanks for the great work!

(btw, do you think it could be possible to remove the vertical dotted line on the top right corner of the screen, obviously coming from the Android version? It is useless on the Pandora since the space bar can bring the menu, and it would be less annoying for people who like full screen games)

Edit: ok, I have a pattern. If the config file exists in the corresponding appdata folder of the GBC emu, the tearing is back. If I delete it, the tearing will be gone on the next launch. When I quit, the config file is recreated again, and from this moment, all future launches will have tearing. I hope it will help fix this issue once and for all, because those emus are really good. Thank you! :)
Thanks for the report.

About the UI element coming from Android UI, I'll see if I can remove it (I'll just remove the 3 doted png by putting a blank picture :p ).

For the tearing, it's very strange, because the config file is suposed to reflect exactly the config used. But it seems it's not the case, and 1 element is writen in the config but is not active at first start... Interesting find ! :)

About the UI element coming from Android UI, I'll see if I can remove it (I'll just remove the 3 doted png by putting a blank picture :p ).
Those dot's can be removed by setting On-screen Input Setup -> Open Menu Button -> Off. No need for any special fix ;) .

Since GBA.emu has better compatibility than gpsp,

I'd like to know if there is any chance that the common image enhancers get implemented.

Hi ptitSeb,

Did you have the time to see if there is any easy fix for the tearing issue? Not putting pressure, just checking... ;)

Bonne année ! :)

Merci, bonne année aussi.

I have stated cheking at the issue. I confirm I reproduce it, but haven't found why it does this. it's a very strange issue I must say.

Ok, thank you. That's good if you can at least reproduce it on your side. Maybe it's not a bad value written inside the settings file, but is more related to the code logic (it may take another initialization path if the settings file is present in the appdata folder). Anyway, good luck with this one! ;)

Back