Release Emu EX Plus Alpha ported to the Pandora

Actually I was playing some snes with my friend yesterday with two controllers and the Tv out cable with this emulator.

having some slight issues with C64emu, where do i need to put VICE related stuff and games in order for it to run stuff? pretty sure i never used to have this issue, almost certain i've had games running in the past... also what version of the VICE folders should i use (DOS, Windows etc)?
Download the essentials pack from here: http://c64emu.greenrobotgamer.com/files/essentials.zip

Unzip and put the C64, DRIVES and PRINTER folders under ../appdata/com.explusalpha.C64Emu

This seems to have replaced FCEUltra for NES Emulation on Pandy.

Is this NES.emu any better?

I can't even FIND the NES emu I'm using ON the Repo anymore.

I was just trying like the devil to figure out -because it had been so long...how to go from the game back to the menu, so I could quit a game, and damned if I could figure it out, nothing got me back to the menu.

Is this one more friendly with regards getting back to menu and will it accept savestates from the other emu?

I need some NES love/help here, please and thanks.

Personally I like GPFCE (which is based off FCE Ultra) better than NES.EMU. The Emu EX based emulators I'm not a big fan of the Interface, ,the ROM browser window I wish it had a keyboard search.. The whole interface seems more touch based vs keyboard.

Hummm, I would just like to know what the correct key combination is to get the danged emu menu up so that I can quit out of Final Fantasy without going to the extreme measure of taking the dang battery out.

Can anyone help me out with that?

Literally, even the kill command doesn't get me out.  I had to do a hard reboot once, and another time, I literally had to take the battery out as I could not even get the kill command to quit the emu.

You should NEVER pull the battery out while the Pandora is running.

You can always hold the Pandorabutton while flicking the powerswitch to reboot.

Hummm, I would just like to know what the correct key combination is to get the danged emu menu up so that I can quit out of Final Fantasy without going to the extreme measure of taking the dang battery out.

Can anyone help me out with that?

Literally, even the kill command doesn't get me out.  I had to do a hard reboot once, and another time, I literally had to take the battery out as I could not even get the kill command to quit the emu.
Try "Space" to go back to GUI, than {B} to go to main menu.

And listen to McObit, never remove the Battery. When completly stuck, use {Pandora}+Off switch to reset.

Space - does not get me back to the GUI.

Once again, had to re-boot.  This time, I used the Pandora button-off combo...it works.

But I can't get back to the damn GUI.

Space does not do it.  Fnctn + Space does not do it.  Neither does Q or Fnctn Q

I check in the documentation.  Turns out pressing 1 and 2 at the same time...THAT brings up the GUI.

Once again, had to re-boot.  This time, I used the Pandora button-off combo...it works.

I check in the documentation.  Turns out pressing 1 and 2 at the same time...THAT brings up the GUI.
Which version are you using, Rakashzi (build 12) or mine (build 11). I tested only on mine.

Which version are you using, Rakashzi (build 12) or mine (build 11). I tested only on mine.
Honestly don't know which version.  Whichever one I downloaded, LOL

If yours does not go to the GUI when you press 1 and 2 together...then I guess I am using Rakashzi

I've updated all the emulators to 1.5.14, including a fix for the firmware path issues with C64 and MSX (defaults to the first SD card under /media if present, and you can set a custom path).

A quick tip regarding scrolling a long file list: If you start dragging up/down on the right edge of the touch screen (near the white vertical bar), you can quickly scroll to a specific region of the list. Also, L/R acts as a general page up/down.

For some reason my MD.emu PND isn't uploading properly so I'll post it here for now.
Im having issues with the Sega CD side of things.. it just hangs..  Tried all different bios.. seems to work just fine with Picodrive.. hmmm

The SNES and GBC emu's USED to work at some point a couple of months back, but from a certain point on they always crash back to desktop when selecting anything really from the menu. I deleted appdata and everything, no use. I dont have access to my Pandora right now, but in the tmp file it says something like device is busy or something similar, if that rings any bells.

The SNES and GBC emu's USED to work at some point a couple of months back, but from a certain point on they always crash back to desktop when selecting anything really from the menu. I deleted appdata and everything, no use. I dont have access to my Pandora right now, but in the tmp file it says something like device is busy or something similar, if that rings any bells.
Do you mean they worked up to a certain version of pnd or up to certaon other thing (firmware, driver, undetermined) ?

No, it wasn't related to a certain version. I do notice that sometimes the Pandora changes the way in which it mounts the SD cards... to the effect that for example in gpsp, the emulator 'forgets' the currently selected ROM directory, to which I have to navigate to again. The crashes in the SNES and GBC.emu's might be related to this behaviour?

The pndrun_GBCemu.out :

=======================================================================================

PND             : /media/SD1/pandora/apps/GBCemu.pnd

PND_FSTYPE      : Squashfs

APPDATADIR      : /media/SD1/pandora/appdata/GBCemu

APPDD_FSTYPE    : vfat

PND_CPUSPEED    : <unset>

EXENAME         : runscript.sh

ARGUMENTS       : <unset>

=======================================================================================

[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------

Mounting : mount -t squashfs -o ro "/dev/loop0" "/mnt/utmp/GBCemu"

Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs="/media/SD1/pandora/appdata/GBCemu=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/GBCemu=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/GBCemu"

[sUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------

[ START ]--- Starting the application ( runscript.sh  ) ----------

--------------------------------------------------------------

Setting PATH to /mnt/utmp/GBCemu:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/games

Setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /mnt/utmp/GBCemu/lib:/lib:/usr/lib

[sUCCESS]--- Starting the application ( runscript.sh  ) ----------

[ START ]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------

[sUCCESS]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------

[ START ]--- uMount the PND ----------

[ START ]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------

[sUCCESS]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------

auplink:plink.c:223: AUFS_CTL_PLINK_MAINT: Inappropriate ioctl for device

rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/GBCemu': Device or resource busy

[ START ]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------

[sUCCESS]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------

cleanup done

[sUCCESS]--- uMount the PND ----------

Return code is : 1

pndrun_snes9xex.out:

PND             : /media/SD1/pandora/menu/snes9xex_ptitseb.pnd

PND_FSTYPE      : Squashfs

APPDATADIR      : /media/SD1/pandora/appdata/snes9xex

APPDD_FSTYPE    : vfat

PND_CPUSPEED    : <unset>

EXENAME         : runscript.sh

ARGUMENTS       : <unset>

[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------

Mounting : mount -t squashfs -o ro "/dev/loop0" "/mnt/utmp/snes9xex"

Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs="/media/SD1/pandora/appdata/snes9xex=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/snes9xex=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/snes9xex"

[sUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------

[ START ]--- Starting the application ( runscript.sh  ) ----------

Setting PATH to /mnt/utmp/snes9xex:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/games

Setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /mnt/utmp/snes9xex/lib:/lib:/usr/lib

[sUCCESS]--- Starting the application ( runscript.sh  ) ----------

[ START ]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------

[sUCCESS]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------

[ START ]--- uMount the PND ----------

[ START ]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------

[sUCCESS]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------

auplink:plink.c:223: AUFS_CTL_PLINK_MAINT: Inappropriate ioctl for device

rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/snes9xex': Device or resource busy

[ START ]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------

[sUCCESS]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------

cleanup done

[sUCCESS]--- uMount the PND ----------

Return code is : 1

Either way they crash back to desktop when selecting anything from the menu :(

Is noone else having this?

doesnt happen for me with SNES9XEx seems to run fine, as for GBC emulation i use gpsp and i dont get the problems you're experiencing. What model of Pandora are you using?

Back