Release Emu EX Plus Alpha ported to the Pandora

I really like this emus. I'm using NEO.emu and GBC.emu a lot lately. Is there some slight chance of having a CPS1.emu and CPS2.emu? That will be awesome.
PanMame plays CPS1 and CPS2 games awesomely, with working save states.

^Yes, I know that and actually use PanMAME which is an excellent piece of software. Also FBA plays CPS1, CPS2, CPS3 and many other machines really nice. But I really like how NEO.emu works, I just thought of passing dropping by and say I will love playing CPS1 and CPS2 in the same way.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've just posted my PNDs of version 1.5.12 with some additional Pandora fixes (swapped confirm/cancel buttons as default, /media as default file path, & text input doesn't cancel itself when pushing Enter). 1.5.11 was going to be the first official release but there were a couple small things left to do :)

I'm doing a some more code cleanup for the desktop Linux build and will update the Google Code repo once that's done if you'd like to compile it yourself.

Great news for the update !

About the PNDs, if you release the "official one" on a regular basis, I don't think there is a need for my build anymore.

What's the difference between Snes9x EX and Snes9x EX+?

Is it just the 2 version numbers we already have (1.4 and 1.5)?

Really cool emulators ;) but I dont understand where I have to plave the bios files for MSX.emu.

I downloaded the files from http://www.explusalpha.com/home/msx-emu and placed the MSX.emu folder inside the appdata folder but it didn't work.

Which version are you using? If it's "MSX.emu - Emu Alpha EX Plus" (v1.5.11.07), you don't need to mess with BIOS, there are already there. If it's "MSX.emu" (v1.5.12.0), I don't know yet.

Which version are you using? If it's "MSX.emu - Emu Alpha EX Plus" (v1.5.11.07), you don't need to mess with BIOS, there are already there. If it's "MSX.emu" (v1.5.12.0), I don't know yet.
I'm using the new release from Rakashazi. I was confused because as you said in your version I didn't need bios files.

You should put a "Machines" folder in appdata/Msxemu/", and inside Machines all subfolder for every machine (like "MSX", "MSX2", "MSX - C-BIOS", etc.)

You should put a "Machines" folder in appdata/Msxemu/", and inside Machines all subfolder for every machine (like "MSX", "MSX2", "MSX - C-BIOS", etc.)
I tried that, but it still doesn't work for me. When I want to load a rom it says :

Code:
Error loading machine files for "MSX2" make sure they are in /media/MSX.emu

in the root of appdata/Msxemu, you should also have the *.rom files, and config*.ini describing the machines.
Sorry, but I think I don't get it. I now put the cinfig file from the appdata/MSXemu/Machines into appdata/MSXemu and also put all the .rom files from shared roms folder in appdata/MSXemu. But it still doesn't work.

If you are on windows, you can open with 7zip my MSXemu.pnd, and you will see detail on what is where. Or keep using my build. sources of release 12 is out on git, I will probably work on a new build in the next few days.

Sorry, but I think I don't get it. I now put the cinfig file from the appdata/MSXemu/Machines into appdata/MSXemu and also put all the .rom files from shared roms folder in appdata/MSXemu. But it still doesn't work.
Due to some path changes, the Pandora versions aren't looking in the right location for the C64 & MSX firmware files. The fallback paths are:

MSX.emu:

pandora/appdata/com.explusalpha.MsxEmu/Machines

C64.emu:

pandora/appdata/com.explusalpha.C64Emu/C64

pandora/appdata/com.explusalpha.C64Emu/DRIVES

pandora/appdata/com.explusalpha.C64Emu/PRINTER

I'll try to add an option in the next update to manually select the firmware path so you can put the files anywhere.

Is there any way of playing lightgun games in either NES.emu or SNES9x EX+? was hoping to play some duckhunt (nes) or yoshi's safari (snes).

Back