eBay

Have you had any bad experiences on eBay?

• Total voters

but all of his feedback is positive! Apart from the neutral one for his slow delivery of a ghost in a bottle...

^ I was just about to buy one of those 'ghost in bottle' bottles, until I noticed how much shipping was...

:blink:

oh wow, I didn't notice that part, a scam within a scam :lol:
Not really, because Ghosts are going for a quite a pretty penny nowadays, it seems.

I hate GBP >_>

just cause we're richer

and remember, an english billion is much bigger than an american one too :)
I hate you more now :p

Last edited by a moderator:
and remember, an english billion is much bigger than an american one too :)
Sorry mate, hasn't (officially) been that way for 36 years. The treasury officially adopted the US numbering system as announced by Denis Healey in 1975. Any usage of billion to mean 10^12 since is unofficial and entirely your own fault if it causes international confusion. :p

I'm having some more eBay shenanigans as we speak!

I've been waiting over two weeks for payment on a game that sold on the 5th. I checked the buyer and noticed that he was from the US, although I thought it was odd as my item was PAL; you can't guess the reasons why somebody wants something, perhaps he had a PAL GC or it was a gift.

Anyway, I had the feeling that they'd made a mistake and bid on my item without reading the description so a couple of days ago I sent a message to ask if everything was ok, an olive branch. No reply. Yesterday their feedback went up by 1, upon checking this I discovered that it was for an NTSC copy of the same game! So I was right, this really beefed my onions so I've initiated a non-payment claim against them. I'm annoyed that I had to do that because I'm pretty easy going generally, and I would have easily let them off if they'd come to me explaining the situation and apologised.

This is exactly the kind of thing that sours the whole eBay experience. I don't understand why anyone would not have the decency to admit a mistake and instead try to ignore it.

S_K, you have to understand that, unfortunately eBay are bias and actually lean more towards protecting BUYERS due to the amount of money and attention eBay get from them...even though without SELLERS...BUYERS would cease to exist.

It really is, it's pretty disgraceful. All I can do after initiating a non-payment claim is wait for four days for a response, if I get none then I can close the case. All that I get out of this is a refund on the final value fee that ebay would have taken from me for the auction, and he may (it very carefully says 'may' in the notes) get an unpaid item strike against his name, which may or may not affect his future bids. That's it... After having wasted my time for almost three weeks and acting in a disrespectful manner that's all. I suppose I could leave negative feedback, but what's stopping him doing the same to me or just claiming that my comment is unjustified.

and actually lean more towards protecting BUYERS due to the amount of money and attention eBay get from them...
Except, it seems, if you're a seller of fake flash-media. :(

I suppose I could leave negative feedback, but what's stopping him doing the same to me or just claiming that my comment is unjustified.
I may be misremembering, or it may have changed now, but I'm pretty sure that, as a seller, you are not allowed to leave negative feedback for a bad buyer...

Just had my second eBay bad experience. Bought a DS Lite from an Ebay seller that has not responded to any of my emails . They have also unregistered from ebay right after the listing ended and everyone payed (he sold 10 of them).

Luckily I payed through Paypal, will see what happens.

Anyone else had bad experiences on ebay?.

you will be fine, paypal and ebay work together (paypal are owned by ebay as I recall) they will be able to see what happened and get everyone a refund.

Yer open up a claim with payal and check your account every now and then, they dont always send a confirmation email about refunds. so if you check your paypal account within 7 days of your claim the cash should show up there.

Am currently doing so myself. i bought an albino betta off ebay with next day delivery 3 weks ago and its not here yet, ive given the matey plenty of time to reply so putting in my claim today.

I sold a for-parts laptop on e-bay. Despite the fact that I said shipping to US and Canada, someone from Chile won. $180 to ship a $60 broken laptop.

It's been 5 days and he hasn't paid, not even responding to the messages I'm leaving asking if he intends to pay. Now I need to figure out how to un-sell this so I can try selling it again.

^ Can you get a refund of the fees in the case of timewasters? I have this vague recollection that you might have been able to, before...

Many times, usually it's when you get things for a real bargain price and the seller does not want to play.

However, when buying this new (old) macbook on ebay recently, I won the auction, sent off an email about when I could collect it, and went to bed.

In the morning I woke up to several messages, starting from about an hour after I went to bed.

'Hi, you when is good for you????'

An hour later:

'YOU HAVE NOT ANSWERED PLZ CONTACT ME ASAP'

about 20 mins after that:

'MY NUMBER IS xxxxxx CALL ME ABOUT MAC'

About an hour later again, it's now about 5am:

'IF YOU DONT CONTACT ME I WILL RELIST MAC'

I answered at 9am, when I woke up.

Sometimes I just can't get my head around some people and their odd behaviour.

Then there was the man who turned up to see my old car, which I'd already sold, he claimed he had emailed me and I'd given him my address, obviously before the listing ended.

When I explained the car was sold and gone and the listing had ended he looked furious as if I'd wasted his time and just turned around and walked away without another world. What?!

I sold a for-parts laptop on e-bay. Despite the fact that I said shipping to US and Canada, someone from Chile won. $180 to ship a $60 broken laptop.

It's been 5 days and he hasn't paid, not even responding to the messages I'm leaving asking if he intends to pay. Now I need to figure out how to un-sell this so I can try selling it again.

One of the good things with ebay is that you can start a live help dialogue with them, they will help you and walk you through with what you need to do .

I opened a non-pay thingy. Apparently in 4 days if the buyer doesn't respond it's automatically closed and I can relist without fear or something.

Back