eBay

Hmmmmm...the seller I ****** up now has 99.7% rating as well, coincidence?
Probably.  This seller has had negatives in the past and didn't seem to freak out about it.  Is your seller from the US?
1. Seller had zero negs until I came along

2. Nope, Australia
My favorite negatives are when the seller admits they made a mistake.  I completely ignore those along with the ones from people that are obviously just being an ass (to be clear, I almost never see that, and if the seller always made mistakes I might not ignore it, but if they have hundreds or more sales this year, almost all positive, and I see a reply to negative saying "I made a mistake, refund or replacement sent" I respect that more than an excuse).

Last edited by a moderator:
You ignore them?
I edited right after posting since I figured it would be misunderstood.  Shit happens, people make mistakes, so if someone has the balls to admit it when it isn't a regualr thing, yes I ignore it.

If a seller admits they were wrong...I give them a glowing/awesome positive feedback :)
I am confused.  I thought the rating was affected by other things, and that they could only get a positive if you gave positive for each of the little subcategories for the transaction.

When you leave feedback you also rate them on aspects of the transaction.  I don't remember what the questions are (one is about shipping charges), however if one is "was the product packaged well" or "did the item match the description", if they sent you the wrong item (has happened to me, at the time I let it go, now I wish I had fixed it because the other buyer got a better deal) then you either can't answer those, or no, the item that was shipped was something completely different, so 0 stars for that part.  I really don't know, and I am not going to dig through ebay policy stuff to find out, or experiment with the rating for one of the best sellers I have worked with in years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, I was under the impression that it had changed, and they could only get positive with 5 stars on each of the other questions also.

Iv'e still got a 100% e-bay rating. I'm so proud. :blink:

I only sell stuff from time to time but am always careful to provide a good service.

Which reminds me Ive to sell a ps vita, assorted amiga games, transformers toys and other stuff.

On a different note, Amibay is a good place to buy retro software and computers and of course Amigas.

Back