eBay

Buyers get suspicious for good reasons too. They think it's just your 2nd account, and are trying to bump up the price to get more money out of it, then just offer it to the 2nd top bidder.

@Wally

I have non payers from time to time, but nothing I would consider serious in that area. My account is set up to not take those buyers who have negative "non paying" marks, and whatever else Ebay's system allows me to block. I guess that helps me to weed out the trouble makers.

For every buyer I've ever had an issue with, they go on my "blocked bidders" list, and I never deal with them again. Just so you know, my blocked list has close to 100 buyers on it, so I've been dealing with "clowns" for a very long time :lol:

I actually was selling my Virtual Boy collection a few years ago, and one of the would be buyers contacted me and asked why he couldn't bid on specific item, so I looked in to the issue, and saw he was on my blocked list. I told him he was on my blocked list, and I couldn't say exactly why(as I don't keep track of infractions), but I don't just add anyone to my list for no reason, so he was out of luck.

So even though I have tons of non payers on my blocked list, their mainly from buyers who bid, and decided later they could get the item cheaper, or just changed their minds(I've had several of "my child bid" excuses). It's not a big deal especially, when you offer "returns", as someone could pay and receive the item, and technically return it anyway. So for me to cancel a transaction, and get my fees back is a waste of time, but really nothing more most of the time. Then that person goes on my list, and even though there cancellation might have been a one time thing, I'm not interested in dealing with that person again, as more often than not, they will repeat that same behavior. 

Chris

Mine was more like $500+ this month :(
I would love to have the "problem" of having to pay $500 in fees. That means I made a veritable buttload of money. :p
My last major foray into ebay was about 6 months ago. My wife and I went to an auction whereupon I was talked into buying a case of vibrators for $500. Fully sealed, certified, manufacturer warranty and everything. 12 little pink buzzers for stimulating lady-bits. The argument being that these particular ones retailed for $150, I could sell them on ebay for $100, easily double the investment. I sold two before the listing was removed by ebay.

Something to the effect of "adult novelties must be listed in the adult category. Unfortunately we don't have an adult category for Canada. Don't relist this item or we'll terminate your account."

So that is that, Canada is not allowed to sell "adult novelties" on ebay, period, end of discussion, account terminated. :p

Anyone want to buy a vibrator?

:)

That sounds like a plotline for an Only Fools And Horses episode.

So you taken them to Dirty Harry's shop for him to sell on your behalf or still stuck with them? Not that I'm interested myself mind you ;)

You could've just wrapped them up the other week and made a lot of women friends happy eh

I've still got them. I've considered trying to sell them to a retail store for a few hundred and cutting my loss. As for gifts, I'm not sure female friends would appreciate them. That's a little creepy.

I've still got them. I've considered trying to sell them to a retail store for a few hundred and cutting my loss. As for gifts, I'm not sure female friends would appreciate them. That's a little creepy.
Even if they were from your wife?  It sounds like she is why you are stuck with them, have her get them off your hands.

I've sold lots of stuff and had a range of things happen. The thing is not to let it bug you and just take it in your stride.  Just last month I had to cancel 4 purchases.  Guy never turned up to pickup on the designated day - bang , transaction canceled.  Guy with zero feedback said he wanted to pay out of ebay with a credit card in another name - bang transaction cancelled. Zero comms from soneone who bought something , bang, transaction cancelled.  No stress, no deliberation , just cancel and move on.

I think the strangest experience was when my wifes old macbook pro sold for a few hundred.  They said they were going to do cash on pickup, then they went silent, then they said a date for pickup, they didnt turn up, then they went silent, then another date, no one turned up, then they paid via paypal, then no turn up again. then went silent, then we got an email that said her sister had cracked her account and she wanted her money back.  My wife said , two options, I refund minus a small fee or you pickup.  No further feedback, we still have the macbook and the money 2 years later.

Last edited by a moderator:
You just reminded me that I've had some sellers (I was a first time buyer to them) post/ship me the item before I even had the chance to pay. I would receive messages stating they've already posted my item and would appreciate it if I paid as soon as possible.

I would love to have the "problem" of having to pay $500 in fees. That means I made a veritable buttload of money.
Well, this depends on the cost of said items. I could pay 500+ in fees and still not make much, or even be in the negative depending on the situation. This batch was actually pretty good on the profit margin, but that's not always the case :p  

My last major foray into ebay was about 6 months ago. My wife and I went to an auction whereupon I was talked into buying a case of vibrators for $500. Fully sealed, certified, manufacturer warranty and everything. 12 little pink buzzers for stimulating lady-bits. The argument being that these particular ones retailed for $150, I could sell them on Ebay for $100, easily double the investment. I sold two before the listing was removed by ebay.

I'm not really sure why Ebay has an adults only section, as I've never understood it personally, as you need to be over 18 to use Ebay right? I've sold a few adult items in the past, and their policies just seem broke. If the item is from an early enough period, you can list it on the normal site, but if not, you have to use the adult area. More Ebay BS if you ask me, but whatever.

How much did you sale the two vibrators for before being pulled? Did you make the projected profits? What's the make and model? I might be interested if the price is right and if these are actually going for 100+ online. I live in Sin City, so even if Ebay is not that great, I may be able to move them locally. 

Chris

How much did you sale the two vibrators for before being pulled?
$100 each, as planned. Lelo Lyla (original, not the 2); I just looked them up and they're currently going for $110 regular ($80 right now on special) so I doubt there's much profit to be had from the rest, I should just put them up on kijiji to make whatever I can. If you want them we might be able to work something out.

Mine was more like $500+ this month :(
I would love to have the "problem" of having to pay $500 in fees. That means I made a veritable buttload of money.

My last major foray into ebay was about 6 months ago. My wife and I went to an auction whereupon I was talked into buying a case of vibrators for $500. Fully sealed, certified, manufacturer warranty and everything. 12 little pink buzzers for stimulating lady-bits. The argument being that these particular ones retailed for $150, I could sell them on ebay for $100, easily double the investment. I sold two before the listing was removed by ebay.

Something to the effect of "adult novelties must be listed in the adult category. Unfortunately we don't have an adult category for Canada. Don't relist this item or we'll terminate your account."

So that is that, Canada is not allowed to sell "adult novelties" on ebay, period, end of discussion, account terminated.

Anyone want to buy a vibrator?
Sorry fiancee is only interested in bad dragons Still that's a funny story nonetheless

Sorry fiancee is only interested in bad dragons Still that's a funny story nonetheless
The one thing missing in my day, more infos of DrHAX sexlife...

Anyway, back on topic. Just got an old camera for 1€, an minolta x700. 

Yea i am into Film.. those thing usually goes around 50 so i guess today was everyone sleeping. 

Yea i am into Film..
I used to be, and still have some things I want to try out.  I also like Polaroids (which I guess is just self developing film, or something).  Now I don't take pictures.  I wish Impossible film was cheaper.

The one thing missing in my day, more infos of DrHAX sexlife...

Anyway, back on topic. Just got an old camera for 1€, an minolta x700.

Yea i am into Film.. those thing usually goes around 50 so i guess today was everyone sleeping.
Hey I dont hide it. :) I'm not ashamed of my crazed life and future wife. Nice score on the camera! I love vintage film cameras they just. feel right in the hands.

I proposed to my fiancee by hiding the 1920's pearl and opal ring (EBay find:D) in a kodak dualflex II I got for 2.50 took her down to the river told her I modded the camera with new guts. Told her to take my picture.

She snapped the photo and I told her it didn't sound right go check on the film. She opened up.the back saw the box. The look on her face was priceless. I was already on my knee I took box opened it up She declared yes at the Wi- part of the sentence. With the sunset in the background over the river and the perfectly fitting ring it was great for a total improvised moment. The camera was worth the 2.50 I paid for it just for that reasoning. Things become a heirloom now

I just scored a nice welder for 213.37 on eBay. I needed a nice one and can't go wrong with a Lincoln mig :D

Back