eBay

Nintendo

Nintendo Switch
Talk about all eBay stuff here.

tag1%5B1%5D.gif

Anyways...

Is this bloke legitimate? I read the seller's negative feedbacks, but still can't make out what's up.

The seller isn't selling a lot of stuff, but whats instore is dirt cheap. I really want that Huawei Ascend Mate7 phone! :(

I've seen shit like this before, where a brand new nVIDIA Shield portable was being sold for 50 bucks with free shipping. Probably an error, but it sold nonetheless.

Q29VEYB.gif

I notice some of neg feedback says that he didn't send the item and canceled the transaction because the winning bid was a small amount.  Expect the same if you buy one of these, I suspect he  miss priced those items which he is currently selling.

Don't buy amiga stuff from airey; unprofessional service.

Amiga heaven seem to buy up everything amiga related off ebay and then relist at higher prices. For some stuff at least.

Lots of silly stuff on ebay...a 1,000+ euros for a cdtv...yeah right.

I notice some of neg feedback says that he didn't send the item and canceled the transaction because the winning bid was a small amount.  Expect the same if you buy one of these, I suspect he  miss priced those items which he is currently selling.
Most likely the low starting bids are intentional to draw people in.  Many people, after bidding on an item, bid more aggressively when they are outbid, even if it is no longer a bargain.

I agree, if you "get a good deal" from them don't expect the transaction to be completed.

edit:

Don't buy amiga stuff from airey; unprofessional service.

Amiga heaven seem to buy up everything amiga related off ebay and then relist at higher prices. For some stuff at least.

Lots of silly stuff on ebay...a 1,000+ euros for a cdtv...yeah right.
Too many people do this.  It sucks being outbid by someone who has no interest in an item other than to resell it.  It is especially easy to see this when you are trying to get something somewhat uncommon, and you see the same item relisted later and find out that is why you lost.  Probably seems good to the original seller, though.

As a side note, the inconsistent and silly pricing on sites like ebay is a bit irritating.  It is great when you get something at a good price, not so great when you have money set aside and can't win any because the bidding or starting prices seem to have gone up.  It also sucks when you are trying to buy, for example, old Pokemon for Game Boy, or Zelda for NES carts.  These games are extremely common, so why are people willing to pay such high prices?  I eventually got what I was looking for at great prices (essentially free, and not on ebay) but that was after I had given up on getting them as gifts for the occasion I intended them for.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you feel prices and descriptions are good, buy.  If they don't ship, file a complaint and get your money back, then leave negative feedback.

I know SONY, thats why I said he probably miss priced the items . I can see they are all $20-$25 Buy Now for items that are worth $100's

If you can, you're better off going to a mom-and-pop game store (bonus for them getting rare imports) than buying any listed game on Ebay.

I try.  We only have one local brick and mortar small business that sells old games.   It is actually a book store.  The number of more recent games they sell has exploded in the last couple of years, while the ones I am interested in haven't changed.  The prices are about what you would find on ebay, if not more.  The games they had that were cheap have been purchased and resold to the local 2nd and Charles, complete with price tags from the other store.  2nd and Charles base their prices on recent sale, so those usually reflect ebay.  They do have some good prices, but I prefer to give my money to small businesses.

I have a bunch of rare, vintage stuff if anyone is looking for a great deal.

Yep, that's so true.

I just paid my £70 seller fees this month

Ahahahahah, I'm lucky to be strictly a buyer then. :D
You're not even safe as a buyer - I've just had to spend an hour chatting to eBay staff trying to sort out a refund for an item as their system didn't want to know and every possible option was closed. Even the link to their email support doesn't work - took ages finding and actually getting through to Live Support.

Everything kept leading back to this -

"We're sorry there's an issue with your purchase. Unfortunately, this item isn't in a category covered by eBay Money Back Guarantee.We don't offer buyer protection on items listed in the Real Estate category, certain Motors categories, or in the Classified Ad format. You can try to work out this problem by contacting the seller."
The item was a proper listing and not a car, real estate and definitely not a Classified Ad.

So, when eBay tell you this -

* My Bolding/Underline.

We had to remove this listing from the site and you're not required to complete the transaction. If you've already sent payment, the sale should process as normal and you don't have anything to worry about. If you have any questions about delivery, please check tracking or contact your seller. If you run into any trouble along the way eBay is here to help. Please visit the Resolution Centre to help resolve any problems you may encounter.
DON'T BELIEVE THEM!!!

I've had quite a lot of bad experiences with eBay that they outweigh the good experiences which have been making a significant amount of profit from goods purchased at flea markets.

Mostly it's people who bid with no intention of paying that throw me off, I recently listed an Australian Drama, Blue Heelers on eBay as it's fetching at more than 2x the original retail value (Specifically season 13 which I fetched a nice $350 for). It was close to auction ending and this douche came along and bid on all the blue heelers dvd's which I thought was nice and all but then the bastard also bid on irrelevant things which was suspicious to me and lo and behold i'd checked his profile and found that others had had problems getting him to pay.. It was quite too late for some things as there really isn't an easy way of cancelling bids, specifically at the last minute (Yeah thanks eBay).

So to cut a long story short I had attempted to communicate with the buyer and of course he didn't respond. Contacted eBay and all they told me was to put him as a non paying buyer and the fact they'd "look into his account".

I had relisted the affected auctions or offered second chance offers in hope I would get some paying bidders, some went through okay.. One of them got caught at the last second by another non paying bidder who I asked "Why?" via PM and his reasoning was because I was "greedy", what a jerk!

Same story with eBay and how they'd look into it. I just checked and both of their accounts are deleted which is a good sign that at least SOMETHING happens there.

The reality is, if you want to make a living on eBay you need to watch every bid closely, specifically within the last 24 hours which can be time consuming if you're not using a specific tool to watch auctions.

I have more stories but I will save them for later :)

What a hero that person was that stopped your greedy act of auctioning items and allowing people to pay what they felt was a good price.  I am sure the highest legitimate bidder would be happy to know they were outbid by someone who had no intention of paying and missed out on the item they wanted.

Back