E3 announcement hopes?

The original LOZ was open world and had no direct narrative. Worked out pretty well.
I'm not sure wether this worked out completly well, I remember repeatedly having to brake off from a bosfight, because I realized that I did not have the right weapons to fight them. Which was quite a setback back then as I often had a hard time getting to a boss with more than one or two filled heart containers.

Good open world games that remain interesting throughout the whole experience are still very few & far between (Both Shenmue's still some of the best examples imho)

I think Aunoma & his team have set themselves a mammoth task keeping the tight Zelda dungeon/gameplay focus, whilst populating the world with interesting content that can be experienced in any order.. but at the same time I have confidence (hopefully not misguided) that they can pull it off, for me it all comes down to the minutiae & Aunoma has said before that he probably devotes far too much time & attention to details others regard as trivial or don't even notice..

Last edited by a moderator:
Wasn't WindWaker enough Open(Water)world
Problem with open worlds is that they are usually full of... nothingness. In wind waker it was full of water and that's it... in games like Morrowing you spend hours walking in the wilderness, where there's nothing.

Open world could be a great idea in theory, but most games don't do it well.  
Morrowind was actually quite full of things to find out during random walking, there was a lot of caves and lost treasures with books everywere, quests, useful items and the areas/cities were all soo different... the books were the main engine anyway, because you were able to find a background story for every area you were exploring.

I put it at the same level of "Fallout 2".

I can't say the same thing for Oblivion anyway, it was more empty and also repetitive... temples were almost all the same, portals were almost all the same, and also cities and green areas were all so similar...

Even if they say Zelda will be open world I don't expect it to be THAT open world.

I think the area will be more open and you can find more secrets.

Also the Items you'll find will be more useful in the world and you can reach a lot more places with them.

I also hope to be able to get more upgrades for everything.

More different Armors, Sword skills, Fighting Skills and so on.

I do not think it'll be like: Here's a world and now go wherever you want and do whatever you want.

More like: Here's a world and here are locked areas. You want to enter? Find the right item and use it.

Back