---= The 2012 E3 (Electronic Entertainment Expo) Thread =---

Garrett

Advanced Member
I'm guessing everything Wii U will be of interest to most here, I'd love the big N to unveil a new Starfox & F-Zero on it though.

As for the other stuff, I'm praying for some actual Thief 4 details although I'm a bit anxious after the travesty that was Deus Ex HR also looking forward to seeing some more details on Dishonored.. HL ep 3..?

Can't really think of anything else I'm aware of that has me that excited, except perhaps Bioshock Ultimate.

And you..?

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty much anything Nintendo really. I've got an Xbox360 and a PS3 and they are great machines, but I'm really looking forward to seeing and hearing more about Nintendo franchises.

Obviously a new Legend Of Zelda game - WindWaker 2 would be nice...

Pikmin 3 - I've mentioned it once or twice (probably more!) and i think I got away with it

Animal Crossing Wii U

PokeMon Online - a real MMORPG Pokemone game

A new Nintendo franchise - Mr Miyamoto mentioned that he is working on an all new game and character

Paper Mario

A new 2Dish CastleVania game

However for PS3 I'd love to see a Jumping Flash HD update, with new larger levels etc.

DeadSpace 3

BioShock 3

Resi 6 (which we've seen a fair bit about already)

OverLord 3

Plants Vs Zombies 2 - it's this year, i can smell it...

HalfLife 3

Those will do for starters :p

Pokemon MMO and Wind Waker 2 I second, third and fourth this!

Otherwise, Bioshock Infinite and Half Life 3 (my wife will finally stop bugging me about it, and I mean she's the one who wants to play it), I'd like to see maybe Symphony of the Night HD, or a brand new classic style CastleVania.

I'm not all that fussed on the Wii U, I'd rather see some of Sony's big franchises actually come to the Vita, with apps and more titles to justify it, such wasted potential!!!

I could keep going....

Super Smash Bros.

Nintendo wants to make one for 3DS and WiiU.

Perhaps there are already some news.

And of course Paper Mario.

I'm really interested in the WiiU of course, as it looks like Nintendo have finally pulled their heads out of their ass after many years of "it's our way of thinking, or no way" attitude. I'm very much looking forward to see how they put their own spin to online gaming and communications. I've read that they are finally adding some form of trophy/acheivment support. Now I know many don't care for this, but many do, and I'm glad to see "N" doing what is required to bring in support from other console fans.

The only real 3DS news I would like to see is a redesigned 3DS(Bigger screen & sweet spot, with a second nub thrown in). I doubt this will happen, as the 3DS hasn't been out to long, but I can dream. I would also like to see some firm release dates for Animal Crossing, Luigis Mansion 2, ect.

I'm sure the PS3 and 360 will have a solid lineup, but since they are both nearing the end of their life cycles, I really don't expect to many great announcements, as most new killer games will be held over for the next gen(but there may be a few suprises). It would also be nice to see Sony show some more MOVE support, as it seems like they have already given up on it. I would also like to see Microsoft be more into to real games and less Kinect crap.

Last, but not least is the Vita. This E3 is really do or die for Sony's new handheld. They really need to announce some new killer ip's and apps, along with firm release dates. A price drop would be nice, but I think they should hold off on that until closer to the holidays. I do expect them to announce some kind of price drop for memory though, along with some bigger sizes(maybe a 64gb card). I'm also sure they will announce some bundle packages that include system, a game, and a memory card for a set price. They may even announce some new colors to go along with the bundles.

So I'm most interested in the WiiU and Vita, so I hope they both have good showings and Sony and Nintendo can deliver the goods.

Chris

Yeah im interested in what they show for the ps vita mainly.As regards the wii u im curious to see what it turns out like etc but i definately won't be buying one.

So what did everyone think of Microsofts conferance? I was actually cleaning my house, so I missed most of it, but I will watch it later after I see Sony's. The new Tomb Raider looks Fucking Awesome, but it's taking long enough, so I expected no less.

Over on gamefaqs, the average rating seems to be 1 or 2 out of 10 for the Microsoft show. I'll be back later with my comments on MS and Sony.

Chris

It was mostly new TV channels so only of interest to people in the USA, a few new games but same old FPS again.

Nothing of interest to me really.

Seriously thinking of jacking it in with home consoles and sticking with indie games on PC.

Ironside not doing Sam's voice!!!???? That is disappointing.

275593_o.gif

I'm pinning my hopes on Nintendo pulling something out of the bag this evening with their conference as so far Sony & Microsoft have been a let down.

According to ubisoft:

"We're combining face, body and voice. We're not adding voice later," says director David Footman. ""We needed somebody who could bring physicality to the character at the same time. We needed to have breathiness, we need to have exertion, really make it feel real and there. Erik, with all of his TV and film experience, can walk right into this and plug in phystically perfectly - perfect physique, great height and body that match our skeleton. And physically fit so I can just bring in a stunt coordinator and get him to do a lot of the action."
Basically they want to mo-cap sam fisher's voice actor doing all the action/combat stuff, and 62 year old Michael isn't really suited to it.

If they made a new player character as a spinoff of Splinter Cell (Sam wasn't the only member of 3rd echelon) that would be ok. He could be the younger psycho gun action guy, instead of changing Sam's voice and style.

Not as good as making a good splinter cell game, but better than they are currently doing.

Hitman Absolution has dropped David Bateson as the voice of 47.

There's rumors that Stephen Russell isn't doing Garrett in Thief 4, but I can't find anything definite. If that's true, I'm going to lose all faith in the games industry.

I feel depressed now. :(

Back